Stock thumb throttle being a bitch

i have a moose thumb throttle and like it alot better than stock but still kind of stiff

im going to buy the little ext. for it next

Just add a twist throttle. i have lots of trouble with my hands and a twist throttle made it much better for me.

am really sick of this stock thumb throttle.. after some time of riding my thumb becomes numb.

isn't there any solution to make that thumb lighter ? smoother ? easier ?

Thanks.

Dan Wade from Patriot Racing taught me a trick. Use an older model honda thumb throttle.

Check the routing on your cable to the carbs...it could be pinched, etc.

I don't think the single carb setup is worth it....unless you ride tight trails.

Snop, I tried an older 400EX throttle (I had to grind the HONDA off the top and polish the cover....) and I didn't notice any difference.

Not a great idea to cut loops off the carbs. Lightly sand the outer edge of the spring evenly, top to bottom.

When you cut loops off the spring, the initial pull is easier, but the 1/2 to WOT is the same...it feels tougher though because the initial pull was so much easier.

Clean up the spring with a nice fine scothbrite pad so you don't have any sharp/rough edges.

Check the routing on your cable to the carbs...it could be pinched, etc.

I don't think the single carb setup is worth it....unless you ride tight trails.

Snop, I tried an older 400EX throttle (I had to grind the HONDA off the top and polish the cover....) and I didn't notice any difference.

i would've just stamped "sucks ass" under it, or someting along those lines :yelrotflmao: