Stock thumb throttle being a bitch

yah they are that way, but it should be smooth. get cable lube kit from fast and then look around for a longer lever, or a whole thumb or twist throttle. i think someone was parting with theirs on here somewhere- nothing wrong, just liked thumb better :biggrin:

sweet. well I got rid of the T.O.R.S on my shee, so got ne Idea or how to DIY link on cutting the stock springs ? I will lube them for sure. but will cut them untill I can figure out a better Idea.

I also heard that converting into a single huge carb will do great. just before doing naything I want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages on converting into a single carb.

the shee is used mostley for dune trail riding and hill shooting.

Thanks.

Ok that sounds good to me buttom end is great for hill shooting. What about throttle response ? or is there any disadvantages on them ?

If you're gona be hillshooting, you want dual carbs. You need to get those RPM's up when climbing. Peterlocal posted a thread on here, where he tested both setups on a dyno. I think he said that with the single carb, you gain like 1hp from 6000-6500, and you lose topend. Not worth it. Stay with the duals.

why dont u just buy a longer thumb throttle( billet one) from RMATV? .. also make sure your throttle isnt sticking ANYWHERE.. i was having a problem mine binding on itself somehow, i let someone else ride it.. i wanted to try it up some hills and the throttle was almost impossible to push and would slightly stick

I don't really hillshoot those High sand hills but I just like to hillshoot sometimes. I heard that a longer thumb throttle just sticks out too far behind when going WOT, doesnt this disturb you ?>

I don't really hillshoot those High sand hills but I just like to hillshoot sometimes. I heard that a longer thumb throttle just sticks out too far behind when going WOT, doesnt this disturb you ?>

I noticed a huge difference with a new cable on my warrior....It broke andI bought a new one....difference is like night and...lube just did not help the worn out sleeve inside the cable

well the ting about alonger lever is thatyou can get it comfortably closer to the ball of your thumb, which helps alot imo. when you stab wot, your thumb rolls to the end. it's akward to try that with the stock lever, cus you have to move your hand in and out. i'm a mechanic, so my thumb is already in shape from turning wrenches 12 hours a day, for 21 days in a row, but years ago, i used to just ride the ball of my thumb on my blaster :thumbsup: <--ha ha- "super thumb"