ARIZONA riders alert

As of jan 1 all ohv`s will be required to be titled and licensed with a annual registration non competion of coarse. so if you are thinking of buying a used bike save yourself some hassle and make sure it is titled at least. link below fees to be determined which might dictate if I decide to sell any of my toys 3 quads a sandrail plus a hotrod and 2 commuters something may have to go.

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ohvFAQ.shtml

yep and the state really needs the money bad. thats why they are installing an additional 300 photo radar cameras around here. I am assuming that 99.99% of this money will go to other things than ohv programs. we were screwed on that once before I am sure it will happen again.

you have to have a title regardless under this program even for just the ohv tag. but yes they have 2 street legal programs plan a is basically for incidental street use.Which basically means if your in one riding area and have to travel down the street or a primitive road to get to the next area you can. plan b would be full street legal both would require you to have insurance. The difference if I read it correctly with plan b you would be required to do emissions testing, the same as any commuter car.

I spoke with a few people this weekend at Hot Wells dunes that are on the OHV/ Off road board and supposedly all monies collected from the decal program will be used to maintain and improve OHV riding areas etc. I still think it blows and is complete horseshit. They will make all of this money on this and then close the shit down, I can already see it.

yea the original tax title and licensing from the dealer was supposed to go to that also. Then when the state got in bind as they are now.They just simpily decided to reallocate the funds to the states general fund. just learned of another law that start s jan 1 also if your license plate frame covers the word arizona on your vehicle plate. it will be 130.00 fine

Isupposedly all monies collected from the decal program will be used to maintain and improve OHV riding areas etc. I still think it blows and is complete horseshit. They will make all of this money on this and then close the shit down, I can already see it.

Hell yea you can already see it...just look at the California Green Sticker Program. The funds generated from this program were supposed to be used to procure riding areas and directly benefit OHV'ers.

The reality of it is the fees are now 10times greater now than when this program began and they hand over something like 2/5ths of the cash to the hippie tree huggers who's agenda is to close our riding areas!!!!!

Plus, you have to purchase a "ISDRA Desert Pass" for $120.00...another tax without representation...that ultimately pays for non-essential services and additional gen fund allowances.

Screw this...I blame EVERYTHING on either Illegal Aliens or Religion.

Somehow, somewhere this makes sense to someone...

Yes this is all horseshit. You have to pay to register initially, now yo have to pay yearly. On top of all that the state trust land permit went up from like 30 bucks for a family one year pass, to like 75 for a family. so now i have to register 7 vehicles every year.....TOTAL BS! I cant wait to see what the cost is gonna be. An my CRF450R will never have a plate attached to it. Guess that will be my Track/Glamis bike. I would venture a guess that only about 20-30% of people will comply with this new law, and they will ticket heavily at all the local spots which are all state trust land.

Edited by CombatTalon2

I have no sympathy for you guys. In Cali we pay 50 bucks a year per ATV. People will get the hint when they find out how many bikes are actually stolen because there was no previous registration law in AZ. And when they do start pulling people over for no registrations they will be amazed at how many people can't prove ownership.

If you look at it this way. It protects you guys in the long run. If your bike gets stolen and some idiot is out riding it and gets pulled over. They impound the bike and you get it back. Where as now, they just issue a ticket and let them ride off on your bike not ever knowing if it was stolen or not.

I have no sympathy for you guys. In Cali we pay 50 bucks a year per ATV. People will get the hint when they find out how many bikes are actually stolen because there was no previous registration law in AZ. And when they do start pulling people over for no registrations they will be amazed at how many people can't prove ownership.

If you look at it this way. It protects you guys in the long run. If your bike gets stolen and some idiot is out riding it and gets pulled over. They impound the bike and you get it back. Where as now, they just issue a ticket and let them ride off on your bike not ever knowing if it was stolen or not.

Well there is a registration process in AZ right now. But its a one time registration and Title. You get an RV plate (no sticker) and an AZ title. That proves ownership. But as you stated it will hopefully cut down on the stolen vehicles or at least help recover those that are stolen. I still maintain that the vast majority will not get/keep their bikes/quads registered.

In Nevada they recently quit titling off road vehicles. Below text from NV DMV website:

ATVs and Off-Highway Vehicles Forms Help | Back To Top

Off-highway vehicles may not be driven on public streets.

Any motorized vehicle which does not have the normal safety equipment such as lights and mirrors or is not built to federal vehicle standards is an off-highway vehicle and is restricted to off-road use only. This includes all-terrain vehicles, pocket bikes, motorized scooters and snowmobiles.

There are no driver license or minimum age requirements for off-highway vehicles. Nevada does not register or title these vehicles. You may not drive them on any public street. City and county governments may designate small portions of public streets for access to or from off-road areas only. (NRS Chapter 490)

Edited by Darol