Got the magnum Billet Basket

THE GRIM RIPPER

Ok...I guess part two of that question is how much do they cost, comparatively...?

That is the bad part. I bought mine from Yamaha of Troy on ebay. They were the cheapest I could find at the time.

I found a place that is cheaper. $214 for the billit hub. List for $284

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/cat...-inner-hub.aspx

Pressure Plate is $120 Lists for $160

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/cat...sure-plate.aspx

That 100% killed that idea.

For 334 bucks I can buy 5 or 6 sets of OEM and NEVER have to buy another one.

I've never had one fail...and I replaced my inner and outer after 2.5 years of abuse because I finally blued the steels on Jeff's clutch and figured it was time.

If it were less than half that price, it would be thinkable...but not for that much...

That 100% killed that idea.

For 334 bucks I can buy 5 or 6 sets of OEM and NEVER have to buy another one.

I've never had one fail...and I replaced my inner and outer after 2.5 years of abuse because I finally blued the steels on Jeff's clutch and figured it was time.

If it were less than half that price, it would be thinkable...but not for that much...

I know the price is the huge down fall. I started out just buying pieces. Bought the clutch because I needed it. Then thought well a billit basket would be nice. A month later I bought the inner hub and pressure plate. Installed it all at once.

I know I dont need the strenght of the inner hub and pressure plate, but I liked the Idea of forcing oil in to the clutch pack.

josh

You can add an extra steel on this magnum, or a stock basket.

but to run an 8 disk setup (fiber) you need a different basket and inner hub. That's not factory on the hinson either unless you specifically purchase that setup...

how do you add an extra steel without adding a fibre with it and why would this be any advantage?

you dont need a different basket to run 8 plate, you just need the hinson inner hub. you could run any basket, hinson inner hub and any pressure plate and it would allow you to run 8 plates.

or like i said machine the stock inner hub and pressure plate.

Unless you have a dragster, you don't need more plates than the stocker.

i disagree. drag racing my buddies on the bitumen, my FZR1000 fibres and new stock steels didnt last long in my 4mm RZ with 3 heavy springs and 3 stock springs.

6 heavy springs probly woulda held it but i use this engine for everything, and after a few laps of the mx track or a good hour trail riding, you cant pull the clutch lever in with 6 heavy springs!

wouldnt a properly tuned lock up take care of everything for you drag guys anyway?

Well...after a year of abuse in my 4 mil cub pushing 90ish HP on Jeff's FAST clutch and 6HD springs, that clutch managed to make it two plus full seasons of drag racing on the same inner and outer with light springs and a lockup...so...maybe it was the clutch, maybe it was the fluid, not sure....but I abused the hell out of my clutch in the dunes, etc., and I'm a big guy...

Lotta info here guys.... And 4 Stroker, I have only run 6 Haevy Duty Springs in my clutch for as long as I've been riding, and I've raced MX and 2-3 hour long hairscrambles.... Man up, its not that bad. Im gonna go ahead and say if Dajogr is running close to 100 hp on a 4 mill and using the stock inner hub and pressure plate, it should be ok on my motor.

So Jeff, I'll be placing an order with you for the inner hub and P/P....... Along with a clutch and a couple other odds and ends, If your products are being pimped by these guys I'm down.

On a side note, as expensive as those GTYR Hubs are, they are some quality looking pieces. If those oil passage holes work like they are intended I'm sure they keep the clutch plates / fibers alot cooler. I'm not buying them, but they are nice.

I had a lockup on it the 2nd and 3rd seasons. The first season...all motor, no lockup, no override. Only HD springs.

The 4 pokes are hard on clutches...they need more from the factory. They make so much more torque over a longer spread of RPM...they need to hold together.

yeah i think the lock up might have had something to do with that...

anyways all im sayin is 8 plates are better than 7 lol... thats why 450s and 700s come stock with them. they also come stock with pancake bearings, another popular banshee clutch mod!

450's and 700's also have GOBBS of torque to hold as well, keep in mind!!!! 8 plates would be nice but I got 7, and I certainly dont have a lathe to mill my hub.... LMao Looks like my White ass is workin with 7, Na mean 4 Stroker?

The 4 pokes are hard on clutches...they need more from the factory. They make so much more torque over a longer spread of RPM...they need to hold together.

I have seen some stock 660 baskets come appart. At least with the banshee all it really does is chew the pieces up. On the raptor it plugs the oil pump sump screen. Starving the crank and cam of oil.