amsoil or klots

pdbanshee

seeing as klotz has a higher flash point, i wonder if that's why i noticed such a large amount of carbon and residue in that dirt bike motor? if amsoil has a lower flash point, maybe that's why i noticed it burn nice and clean in my banshee?

Could be. It could also be the fact that they ran 32:1 vs. your 50:1. I guess I would rather have my oil hang around vs being burnt off. I really dont care what color the piston heads are. I would rather have a nice coat of oil on the skirts.

In all reality you can go buy the cheapest 2 stroke oil and it wont cause your engine to lockup, it just might not last as long.

Could be. It could also be the fact that they ran 32:1 vs. your 50:1. I guess I would rather have my oil hang around vs being burnt off. I really dont care what color the piston heads are. I would rather have a nice coat of oil on the skirts.

In all reality you can go buy the cheapest 2 stroke oil and it wont cause your engine to lockup, it just might not last as long.

i had a nice coat of oil on my piston skirts as well, when i tore top end down for porting. yeah, you could run some cheap junk oil from wal-mart and your engine won't go tight, its just that it won't burn as clean, or run as crisp, or provide as much wear protection on the engine components.

My builder had recomended klotz.. So I have ran Klotz lol... The few times I have had her opened up since its all looked real good.. Little bit of buildup on top of the piston but who's to say thats not from runnin a bit rich.. I always tend to run my bike a bit of the "safe" side so the little bit of buildup was anticipated..

RIPPEN

can of worms!! lol.. i run amsoil and love it.. i'm not saying it is better than other oils, as there are a lot of good oils out there.. anytime i have had my motor open it is clean as a whistle, and there is a nice film of oil on everything.. i have used other oils and like the amsoil the best.. its all preference.. some people run certain oils just because of the smell.. its whatever floats your boat. i even run it in my weedeater and chainsaw,.