amsoil or klots

pdbanshee

Top right corner of every page. Click on "Search", and type brand oil, and then hit enter. Not trying to be a dick, but it's been covered hundreds of times.

well i did the search and only 19 topics showed up and none of them compared the two it list things like what should i mix my oil at so thats why i asked thanks for the other people tring to help i think ill stick with the klots if anyone can fine these hundreds of links show me the way ill read them to

I'm not trying to be an asshole. I'm just saying that alot of people lately have been asking, "what oil should I use?", or "what ratio should I mix?". Alot of people say Klotz, then some say Amsoil, and then there's Castor927, or Yamalube, and the list goes on. Then you got people sayin 25:1, or 32:1, and 40:1, 50:1, and I've even seen 100:1. Really, the best thing to do is see what your bike likes. Personally, I use Maxima SuperM synthetic blend at 40:1. I don't think anyone else on here uses that oil. But, I tried it and I like it. Just try the Amsoil, and see how you like it. Really, I would say whatever you use, get either a esther, blend, or full synthetic.

I have a 98' skidoo mach 1. This sled has 6,000 HARD miles on it. Its a long track, so it sees lots of to the bar powder riding. I pulled the jugs off last year, except for the cylinder that was severly water contaminated from a bad water pump, the thing was SPOTLESS. The remaining 2 pistons were perfect, with no scuffing or marks. I just tossed some rings on it, and put it back together. I also had the bottom end out, and it was spotless. I will run only Klotz in my machines. I have some snowmobile oil that I will run in the quad during the winter, and I will switch during the summer to another Klotz blend. With the tripple, all of my buddies smell good from the exhaust when we get to the bar after a day of riding. Its not my fault my sled smells good, and they are behind me.

Edited by regalrocket

i personally run amsoil dominator @ 50:1. i will only run amsoil in my machines. that's what i like and found works great. i've tore apart dirtbike engines for rebuilds, that have ran on klotz their whole life, and the insides were all carbony and dirty inside. my banshee was nice and clean, when i tore it down for porting. also, no indications of blow by....no burnt brown oil on the piston sides. very impressed w/this stuff. and i think it kinda smells like race gas, so it has a good odor to it too.

AmsOil LINK

Look at the specs at the bottom of the page.

Compare them to Klotz Super Techniplate.

Klotz Supertechniplate Data LINK

Amsoil Flash point. 198 deg

Super Techniplate Flash point. 460 deg

Flash point it the temperature where it starts to burn but when the ignition source is removed it will not continue to burn. Fire point is were it starts to burn and will keep burning on it own when the ignition source is removed. Usually the Fire Point is a few degrees higher than the Flash Point

I bet your banshee's cylinders run hotter than 200 deg.

Amsoil Viscosity. cSt @ 40 deg 40.9

Super Techniplate cSt @ 40 deg 200

At 100 deg super techniplate is like 50 weight oil.

Wich one do you think gives a better protective film of oil. I would bet on the thicker one.

Klotz Benol has even higher specs.

Klotz Benol Data LINK

RPM Limit = Unlimited :headbang:

Here is Klotz R50 for the heck of it.

Klotz R50 Data LINK

I am not knocking Amsoil just pointing out some facts.

Klotz's other oils like Motorcycle Techniplate TC-W2 and TC-W3 have specs comparable to your Amsoil Dominator. Just when using oil that can be used for automatic oil injection it is going to be a thiner oil so it can work with the injection pump. I figure that I might as well use a good thicker oil since you dont have to worry about oil injection.