Installing head/domes/timing plate...

What's the best way to put the studs in without damaging them at all?

double nut... i have several wrench sets too, and all mising 12mm, WTF! ther must be a 12 mil. orgy somewhere. all i have is some cheap china 12mm and i'm not sure where it came from- mabey it's a hung- over snap-on :sick: i put my sets on the wall, so i can walk in, and say "hey! where the f's my __?" it worked ou great at my shop, and so i did it at home. it's easier to recover a tool when you know when it dissappeared :thumbsup: and someone is less likely to walk away with something that will instantly be missed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea about the wrenches. I have one set on the wall, but not the metric!

My bike is at my buddys house so I'm just going to use his perfectly organized tool set to work on it.

He is picking up my flywheel puller now, so looks like 'Shee should be back together soon. :biggrin:

Should the threads be visible on the studs at all?

I already put the two longer ones in the front as you're supposed to, and the threads dissappeared into the jug.

The back ones don't go in far enough for the threads to dissappear.

Is this right?

Call Jeff and get you a nice set of acorn nuts. You could probably find the nutz you need at a Fastenal store. As far as the threads showing? I have my cub tore apart right now, and the threads aren't showing on it. Does one side have longer threads than the other? I would think that orings would fail riding on the threads. http://www.fastenal.com/web/locations.ex;j...haNe5rzmBbDr6iL

Call Jeff and get you a nice set of acorn nuts. You could probably find the nutz you need at a Fastenal store. As far as the threads showing? I have my cub tore apart right now, and the threads aren't showing on it. Does one side have longer threads than the other? I would think that orings would fail riding on the threads. http://www.fastenal.com/web/locations.ex;j...haNe5rzmBbDr6iL

I might order the nuts from Jeff, but I really want to get it running for this weekend first. (The acorn nuts would look badass.)

Hmmm...the threads were showing on the bottom portion of the studs, maybe 1-2 threads. They appear to be the same thread lengths on each end...

I have never heard of this Fastenal, so I googled it...and apparently there is one <1 mile from my office lol, on the other side of the Industrial Park.

I might order the nuts from Jeff, but I really want to get it running for this weekend first. (The acorn nuts would look badass.)

Hmmm...the threads were showing on the bottom portion of the studs, maybe 1-2 threads. They appear to be the same thread lengths on each end...

I have never heard of this Fastenal, so I googled it...and apparently there is one <1 mile from my office lol, on the other side of the Industrial Park.

Won't your local yamaha or bike shop have some new nuts? mine does.

Won't your local yamaha or bike shop have some new nuts? mine does.

My local Yamaha shop is actually a Suzuki/Honda/Etc etc. dealer.

They don't even really have much for ATV parts, mostly streetbikes. That is what everyone has here in FL, streetbikes, streetbikes, streetbikes...

Anyways, they barely have anything in stock and any time I try and get something they have to order it, and upcharge it 1000000000 dollars.

And the local ATV shop sucks, and it's a 50/50 shot that he might have them. (Calling him at lunch. he's an asshole.)

Everything costs 1000x more from dealers around here because we are one of the richest cities in the country....before the economy our housing market was inflated around 80% because of overspeculation.