douglas wheels

spike

I'm in the need for new front wheels. I found a good deal on douglas aluminum's. but I never had any experience with them. are the black labels tough enough for most riding conditions? or should I go with the red's? I dont really jump that much and I dont really do to much XC trails either. I do it a root here and there and some rocky shit but nothing too serious. I guess as long as its at least as durable as the stocker's I should be fine. give me your inputs on them.

I have black labels up front and I have beat the fuck out of them. I ride pretty hard though. I beat up the last set of itp`s I had too so bad the bead wouldnt seal no matter how I tried to beat them into round. red label might be the best bet. My next set provided I have any money will be black itp baja`s. stock wheels are prob more rigid than blue or black labels with the rolled lips. Aluminum is strong and light, but not when its that thin.

I'm in the need for new front wheels. I found a good deal on douglas aluminum's. but I never had any experience with them. are the black labels tough enough for most riding conditions? or should I go with the red's? I dont really jump that much and I dont really do to much XC trails either. I do it a root here and there and some rocky shit but nothing too serious. I guess as long as its at least as durable as the stocker's I should be fine. give me your inputs on them.

I'd def get some ITP Baja's or HIPER's..

My banshee has a set of Black Lables and I have bend the fronts pretty easy. Just barly scuffing or scraping a tree and it lips the bead out. I take a hammer and pound it back in.

I would get the Reds. The price difference isnt worth having to buy new AGANIN after you tear the black lables up. You might see if they make a wheel with the rolled lip like the stockers have.

josh

right on! I was pretty much set on red's. thats until I found that set of beadlock on ebay... couldn't pass up on that deal I got both for the same price as one from RMatv! and just to let you guy's know RMatv is having great deals on douglas blue, black and red labels.