what is a good aftermarket shock to replace stock fronts

jbones

what is a good aftermarket shock to replace the stock shock on a stock banshee?

everyone has a different opinions. i prefer works shocks. been running them for 5 years now and never had to rebuild them. i got the triple rates with resses and love them. what a difference, it all comes down to how much you want to spend. you could check ebay out, ive seen a few from time to time at a decent price. i paid around 1,200 for one rear shock and 2 fronts brand new. nothins cheap when it comes to toys.

Like bansheesickness already said, everyone is different. I would say the 2 main ones that people like on here are Elka's and Works, I would just research both and call up both and see what the recommend for your riding style and how much it will cost

what is a good aftermarket shock to replace the stock shock on a stock banshee?

Not trying to bust your balls...but try a search. Any aftermarket shock that is set up to you...valving, +2+1 a-arms, ridingn style, etc., is going to be 10 times better than stock no matter what brand. The big companies do a 30 day trial to where they will revalve for free if you don't like the current valving. Of course this means you must buy new. I just recently purchased front shocks..not going to name them, don't wnat to play the brand game... and after extensive searching I've found out that if you do find a killer deal on used shocks, make sure they were valved for your exact set up. The cost will more than likely be more once you buy a set of good aftermarket shocks and then have to pay $300-$400 to ship off and have valved to you. Also, you pay for what you get. There are some reputable companies out there that rebuild the rear shock and have great results as for fronts, you need to completely buy shocks.

I have the Elka Elite series front and back with the pro dual linkage and I couldnt dream of a better shock setup out there. Im sure Axis would have worked well as wll as PEP if I had gotten the 3 adjestments on them HI/LOW Comp and rebound. But I still cant see how they would work better but I do ride on Elkas and have never seen or rode another Banshee with any good setup like the ones I have so I do have a biast.

to me it goes

Elka

Axis

PEP

TCS

works

Ive heard alot of positive feedback on Motowoz shocks too.

Edited by Washburn