Going to dual carb set up.

MarineNYC

If you can wait a couple of weeks We will have our Holiday special ready to go. :thumbsup: 33PWKs will be a great upgrade!

Not sure what all the sale prices will be but we plan on being VERY busy shipping goodies to all the good girls and boys that ride 4 wheelers. :laugh: Also gonna be updating the website with more products we carry and all the OEM Yamaha that we carry most people dont even know about.

Not sure what all the sale prices will be but we plan on being VERY busy shipping goodies to all the good girls and boys that ride 4 wheelers. :laugh: Also gonna be updating the website with more products we carry and all the OEM Yamaha that we carry most people dont even know about.

do you have any good billet intakes for sale? :beer:

You have a trail/mx port with dmc's. I would go no bigger than 28mm flatslides. I personally like Mikuni TM's. If you build a strong low-mid rangew bike your not gonna need to worry about the topend that a bigger carb can help maintain. You are going to however lose some intake velocity. 2mm's bigger than stock is not a little change. I find it kind of funny that you said you refused to make such a small change. Your profile says you have a trail/mx port. I bet your exhaust port was barely moved up enough to smooth it out to keep all your bottom end power. So, now why would you want to make a big change somewhere else and put on a part that has to do with top end power and less with bottom end power. I find this odd, especially since youy had it ported for trails and mx. Its like putting a 800 cfm holley carb on a 1985 chevy pickup with a 350 that has a rv cam and intake on it. It just doesn't make sense.

do you have any good billet intakes for sale? :beer:

Yes:

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=190

These seem to producde a bit more hp/tq on the dyno compared to other models.

OK now Im confused. LOL I see what your talking about Snop. Its like kind of canceling each other out. So i might loose a little bottom but the motor will pull harder everywhere else? As for the how far Kev went with the port I dont know.

seem like to me , that u need to make a phone call to jeff at f.a.s.t.

he will let u know what u need for ur set up... when in doubt ,call a builder

As Kawiking said if your really questioning then call your builder, however as snop said your bike is set up for trail/mx so the highest I would go is 30 OKO's unless your planing on switching to a 4mil soon. Yeah your going out in the dunes, and there you need top end, but your bike is set up for low end and making more low end is better than losing power... which is what will happen if your over carbed. Alot of people dont realize that just bolting on the biggest badest thing you can doesnt always mean more power, and it may surprise you to see what will and wont increase power. The local kawi shop here has a dyno and they spend alot of time just bolting different stuff on there bikes and quads,they found that about half of the parts that most people run to make more power made very little or lost power. Of course this is kawi's not yamahas but id be willing to bet you'd get pretty simular results with alot of the stuff people use.

Edited by 278

I have to agree with Snop. I think your porting and pipes are more of a determining factor than where you are going to ride. Since Keihin doesn't make 30PWK's, my vote is for their 28PWK carb with your setup.

A couple of 28's will easily outflow your single carb setup.

If you are gonna get different pipes and get Kevin to upgrade your porting to dune/hillshooter, I'd opt for 33PWK's.

I run 'em and like 'em. :thumbsup:

Maybe call Kevin and see what combination he recommends to compliment his porting.

Edited by jayzx750