better lights?

'04limited

I run 2 HELLA 500 lights on mine. Just buy the lights on ebay then get the brightest 35w bulbs you can get your hands on. I use the PIAA 4150K H3 Xtreme White Bulbs in mine. Also you have to wire them to the high beam wires on the bike. Also if you use the existing wiring connectors it makes it very easy to disconnect them if you should need to remove them.

I run the same.....100 watt in one and 50 watt in the other. Awesome lights, but they don't have a very wide spread. That being said, they are a ton better than the factory pattern. I also run a 200 watt stator though. I still think that these lights would be nice with a couple of 35 watt bulbs on the factory stator. You can buy the lights at Wal-Mart for less than $60 each and they look good too.

I run the same.....100 watt in one and 50 watt in the other. Awesome lights, but they don't have a very wide spread. That being said, they are a ton better than the factory pattern. I also run a 200 watt stator though. I still think that these lights would be nice with a couple of 35 watt bulbs on the factory stator. You can buy the lights at Wal-Mart for less than $60 each and they look good too.

You need to look into getting the right kind of hella lights. They make two different kind of beam patterns (fog and driving). The driving beams are a narrow beam type and the fog are a spread beam type. My brother uses one of each, I use two fog.

You need to look into getting the right kind of hella lights. They make two different kind of beam patterns (fog and driving). The driving beams are a narrow beam type and the fog are a spread beam type. My brother uses one of each, I use two fog.

Yeah, I want to replace one with a fog. How do yours do with two fog beams as compared to your brothers?

Yeah, I want to replace one with a fog. How do yours do with two fog beams as compared to your brothers?

I think mine look better. I have a much wider field of view at night. He has one beam that goes out far, but on the dunes at night you can not judge the dunes properly from a large distance. I think he is trying to find a single fog to replace the driving beam with.