Stuck in second... Where to start?

caddyman

guess my shift pro kit must be the one exception.....

Like I said all bikes are different, a part that works on one bike might not work on another. I know the part works on some bikes but it did not work on ours. Jeff at Tudors Racing had me send it back and did not know why it broke.

Is it shifting good now? If not pull your clutch cover off and look at your little spring on the shift arm behind the clutch basket. If not that check the adjuster stud to make sure it is ok.

No it isn't. I just replaced and readjusted the adjuster stud less than a tank of gas ago. It was working fine until now. Any other recommendations? I just hope I don't have to get into the gears/split the case.

No it isn't. I just replaced and readjusted the adjuster stud less than a tank of gas ago. It was working fine until now. Any other recommendations? I just hope I don't have to get into the gears/split the case.

I would go back in there and see what it could be. Check everything in your clutch b4 you split you cases. That adj. bolt can and will come loose if not tight enough.

Took it apart yesterday and found out that there was enough room for my shifter shaft to slide a little to the right and so it was not engaging the shift star. Apparently it re-engaged the shift star funny and was jammed. nothing looked worn but apparently there was enough room for it to slide so I made a nylon cap to fit over the stud in the side cover. Now there is no slop and I haven't had a problem yet.