new to this

dusty89

im brand new to the banshee world and just wanted some input from some of you pros

im looking at some banshees around my area and came across this one

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/rvs/903918878.html

he told me the motor has been rebuilt twice and the compression was 110 in each cylinder a little bit ago when he checked

just looking for some advice and knowlege

Yeah that Banshee looks pretty nice for 2gs. Less if you have cash thats always a good way to deal with buying bikes.

What type of riding will you be doing? Do you plan on moding it out more?

Dont bite on the first bike you see get info on every Banshee thats around you and check them all out in one day so the nicest one doesnt get snagged.

110 psi in each cyl means the bike has been run but thats rite around what your looking for out of a stock motor 110-120psi is usualy where its at.

Looks decent to me, good price, I'd take a closer look. Personally I'd take my own compression tester and see what it reads (110 is ok, a little on the low side but not horrible), look the frame over carefully for cracks, ride it and see what you think. Good luck.

Looks decent to me, good price, I'd take a closer look. Personally I'd take my own compression tester and see what it reads (110 is ok, a little on the low side but not horrible), look the frame over carefully for cracks, ride it and see what you think. Good luck.

and another thing, its not a big deal but those fornt and rear tires are pretty much shot. like they said thoroly go through it and check frame and other things for cracks and breaks. good luck!

yeah ive been looking for about a month now and yeah my main concern is if i buy one and have to rebuild it right away i thought 110 was a little low from what ive read here but just wanted to make sure cuz when i mentioned it to the guy he must have gotten angry or something and said no way 110 is not low for a two stroke. i will prob be riding mostly trails and wouldnt really think about moding further for a little while but once i get some more money and see enough sick banshees on this site who knows where i will go with it. thanks alot for your input everyone. oh yeah and elevation is aroung 800-1000

Edited by dusty89

I rebuilt my top end when the compression was at 110..The cylinders were out of limits and had to bore it from 64.00 to 64.50(2nd oversize bore) and it was a night and day difference. Stock shuld be from 120-130. Mine has a tight bore and is running 135psi. If you have any question sbefore you buy please and and if you find one on line send us the link and we'll all look at it and guve us our opinions and what we think. we won't steer you wrong....Be careful though....owning a banshee is not an addiction....it's a sickness...but fun as hell.

I agree with Ben.

If you are concerned just get a compression tester and check it

yourself. He may not have even checked it right or had a good tester.

Bottom line..... If the frame and suspension is in decent shape it's a good deal

even if you have to have the topend rebuilt.

I agree with Ben.

If you are concerned just get a compression tester and check it

yourself. He may not have even checked it right or had a good tester.

Bottom line..... If the frame and suspension is in decent shape it's a good deal

even if you have to have the topend rebuilt.

take the boost bottle off and throw it in the trash! :evil:

Also might want to check the swing arm bushings and carrier bearings. not a big deal but will tell you how often dude did normal maintance. and look at the intake boots for dry roting or cracks. and the gussets near the air box sometimes have a tendancy to crack on the frame. and tie rods and tie rod ends is also another small thing to look at.

Hope this will help you good luck