stuck swingarm pivot bolt?

wayfast1500

I was stripping down the shee to paint the frame and put new bushings and bearings in and I could not get that pivot bolt out if my life depended on it. Ive taken about 100 of these out on misc bikes before and never had a issue, I tried every trick in the book on this one and could only get it to budge about 1/8 of a inch. Anyone have any ideas? I tried soaking it with pb blaster, tapping it with a rubber mallet, putting the impact on it to get it to spin, impact and tap the end, 5lb mini sledge, 5lb sledge and impact, pneumatic hammer. I cant think of anything else, Im afraid to use heat.

I was afraid of mushrooming the end. I had the nut on it but still didnt want to crush threads and what not. I broke a drift inside the hole could hitting the drift in the hole caused that first inch to expand and keep it from comming out? It seems to be catching far before any area would have expanded tho so I dont think I could have expanded it?

I figured thats what would happen I think im just going to run it as is, the bearings didnt feel worn so ill worry about it when they are.

ya you might want to cut it. get it over with now and fixed while your stripping and painting the bike. This way you have time to get it taken care of while its a part.

Do NOT beat the crap out of it with a hammer I did that and it spread the hell out of my frame

Just go get out the sawsall and cut it on either frame side between the frame and the swingarm be careful not to cut on the race because you will not cut through it

I just did this Friday took forever to do it and this is how I ended up doing it after many hours of frustration