Ebay Swingarms for cheap vs. ASR swinger

willy4x4s

Issssssssssss the ASR a round house swingarm? Is it made from way better steel? Is the bearing carrier included? Are there needle bearings pre-installed?

Its the ASR Oval Tube Chromoly Racing Swing-Arm (swing arm only) http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/Swingarms.html vs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Bans...emZ200265156788

1 the asr is chromoly the ebay one says itsc chromoly when it may not be because you cant always trust those companies. 2 its a roundhouse. 3 its from a reputable company and the other one is just a random ebay company trying to get money for shitty built not great quality swingers when the asr probably has more gussets and strengthened parts in other stress areas. the ebay companies usually also have bad reps for terrible customer service, no warranty unlike asr and other things. it all adds up.

1 the asr is chromoly the ebay one says itsc chromoly when it may not be because you cant always trust those companies. 2 its a roundhouse. 3 its from a reputable company and the other one is just a random ebay company trying to get money for shitty built not great quality swingers when the asr probably has more gussets and strengthened parts in other stress areas. the ebay companies usually also have bad reps for terrible customer service, no warranty unlike asr and other things. it all adds up.

I'm running a +4 Gloss black, from the swingarm shop on ebay,seems to be built really good.looks great, The round house carrier is just less worrys basically,Its takes alot to hurt any swinger,as long as all of your bolts that hold ur carrier to the swinger stay nice and tight you should never have any problems with one from ebay,(I had that happen to me and now its got locktight on the nuts.lol) and they also come with a warranty.

Edited by The Quadfather

I'm running a +4 Gloss black, from the swingarm shop on ebay,seems to be built really good.looks great, The round house carrier is just less worrys basically,Its takes alot to hurt any swinger,as long as all of your bolts that hold ur carrier to the swinger stay nice and tight you should never have any problems with one from ebay,(I had that happen to me and now its got locktight on the nuts.lol) and they also come with a warranty.

hmmm.... do you think they can do a custom -1 for me instead of a -2?

Let me give you a little advice. ASR is a shitty company do not deal with them. Fireball racing makes their swingarms. Cut ASR out of the Loop and go straight to Fireball to get the swinger. ONce you go to a roundhouse swinger, you will never go back. Makes chain adjustments a snap and you get more adjustment out of it.

plain and simple there's something out there for everyone.sure the more expensive swing arms are better.they are made of better materials means stronger.i am running an ebay +6 swinger and have had no problems what so ever and yes it has a 2 year warranty.they have excellent customer service have talked to them by phone a few times.the guy that actually is making them,who would be a better person to talk to about swing arm issues.they also have the round house cheap on ebay like 20 dollars more.imo bottom line is if you are going to make a bunch of horsepower like a 100hp+ spend the money on a quality built swing arm,or if your a budget guy like me with maybe 65 to 70 hp buy the ebay swing arm mine has held up with no issues.

Hello!

This topic is also interesting to me, because I'm about to buy a set of a-arms.

I have a +2" axle, and thought of a +3" a-arms...

What do you think?

I'm from Portugal but I'm looking for these at the web.

What other sites (like the ones you mention already) there are with good but not expensive a-arms?

Thank's!

plain and simple there's something out there for everyone.sure the more expensive swing arms are better.they are made of better materials means stronger.i am running an ebay +6 swinger and have had no problems what so ever and yes it has a 2 year warranty.they have excellent customer service have talked to them by phone a few times.the guy that actually is making them,who would be a better person to talk to about swing arm issues.they also have the round house cheap on ebay like 20 dollars more.imo bottom line is if you are going to make a bunch of horsepower like a 100hp+ spend the money on a quality built swing arm,or if your a budget guy like me with maybe 65 to 70 hp buy the ebay swing arm mine has held up with no issues.

what shop did you get your arm off of from ebay?

• 2 weeks later...