High/Low Beams with After Market

Eric Krupp

I ride alot of wooded trails so the handle bar lights are great but I also ride alot of gravel at high speeds so I was trying to get all the lights working at the same time. 2 Reasons: as much light as possible and the ability to turn the lights down when I meet another vehicle. I am probably going to leave it as is. I had a bulb burn out and I was seeing if there was any room for improvement while I was messing with it. Not real hip on tearing into the wiring harness I just re-did about 6 months ago. I think I will leave it alone.

Take the wiring from the switch to the tail light and wire it to the trail techs. Then take the high beam wire and run it to the duner lights. Then your low beams will be trail tech, high beam will be dune lights and trail tech lights.

Sorry, didn't understand again.

Got the bulbs in yesterday and rewired it lastnight using the tailight circuit for the low beams. Everything is working great. With my prior hook up the duners took a second to fire up so when you would switch from low too high it was dark for a second. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it is when your blasting down a gravel road doing 60 at midnight. That is a long second! Using the tail light curcuit, the lows never go off so you always have light. Throws a ton of light and I can steer the lows. Awesome!!