New tires

Face

Ok I got some new tires and rims from RMatv and they line up to my hubs and slide right on. The problem is the cavern for the lug nut isnt big enough for my lugs. and its too small to get a wrench or socket on it. Does anyone know anything about this. They are ITP rims.

You got those four spoke wheels? I hate them... but anyway, you have to use a thin wall socket to get in there. An impact or beefy socket wont work.... but you knew that

There isnt even enough room for the thin wall socket. Are there longer lug nuts somewhere??? mine are 1.25"

I was curious if you had the larger hew nuts (17mm instead of 14mm). I have never messed with the ITP's, you may have to call R-M and see if they require special lug nuts. I think they may be the ones that require the shouldered nuts. Lucky thing is you'll be driving right past there on your way to the dunes...lol Doesn't look like we're going to make it out this time.

Try a 14mm socket. 9/16" isn't the right one. I have the same rims (and I hate 'em, they are way to heavy) and I've never had an issue. The stud is 8 mm x 1.25 mm. Everything on the banshee is metric including the studs on the wheel hubs.

SP

what spurdy said,

anyways i have the same ones, ITP C Series rims on my sand star set of tires., it should just take a 14mm socket, my stocker rims have washers on them and i cant fit the washers in the cavern of the ITP-C rims but its all good. I went to lowes and baught 16 new nuts in 8mmx1.25 in stainless and they look good on there.

Edited by magz

Thanks for the input everyone. It turns out I did need the tapered lug nuts. I got them coming from RM they are a 14mm head but the thread is 10mm not 8mm like someone said. Anyway thanks everyone for the input!

Thanks for the input everyone. It turns out I did need the tapered lug nuts. I got them coming from RM they are a 14mm head but the thread is 10mm not 8mm like someone said. Anyway thanks everyone for the input!

You know, I think your right. I think they are a 10mm stud. But, be careful with the tapered lug nuts. I am 100% positive that my C series rims take a flat lug nut. If you use a tapered nut and it should be a flat you will likely f**k up the threads on the stud when you take it off. The cone of the taper will compress at the end around the stud. Just check them out when they come in.

Good luck.

SP