New carbs

You could, but you really wouldn't be gaining anything. I think you'd be more happy sticking with your stockers. The largest I'd put on a stock stroke trail ported engine are 28's. Those 36's are just way too much carb for your bike.

would it be ok to run some 36mm pwk carbs on a trail ported shee with bills pipes +4 timing & lightened flywheel and will my stock thumb cable work with the carbs?
A buddie of mine got a set of 30mm OKO's. They woke his bike up alot.

A buddie of mine got a set of 30mm OKO's. They woke his bike up alot.

The trail port on those cylinders are not your typical industry trail port. Those are fully ported aggressive trail port cylinders. Made more for dual purpose. Set at 192 on the exhaust and 130 on the transfers with full transfer tunnel hogging. I wouldn't go over 33s on the carbs.

The trail port on those cylinders are not your typical industry trail port. Those are fully ported aggressive trail port cylinders. Made more for dual purpose. Set at 192 on the exhaust and 130 on the transfers with full transfer tunnel hogging. I wouldn't go over 33s on the carbs.

Got the same port on my cylinders from HJR. Started with the 35 mm PWK's, ran great but sucked fuel!

Then tried the stockers, also ran good enough.

Ended up with the 28 mm PWK's and LOVE the bike now :biggrin: No notable performance difference compared to the 35's.

You can use the stock 'TORS removed' throttle cable with the Keihins!

Personally I would save the money and stay with the stockers with those mods. The stock carbs are very under-rated in my opinion. But, I would like to add that the 28's may not flow very much more at high rpms, but they do offer a decent advantage at low rpms due to the flatslide design.