engine question

lilnomad

The reason for the plate is for the added throw of the piston, and to equal out the port timing. You say stock jugs. Are you implying no porting? if so you have to use the plate or your timing will be thrown off. Most guys will tell ya its better to have the jugs ported to match the crank. Adding the plate will raise the jugs and not require any head mods. So, no porting=plate=no head mods required.. porting to a 4mill crank you will have to have your head rechambered (your adding length to the throw and not the jugs but your timing will be correct without the plate)

The reason for the plate is for the added throw of the piston, and to equal out the port timing. You say stock jugs. Are you implying no porting? if so you have to use the plate or your timing will be thrown off. Most guys will tell ya its better to have the jugs ported to match the crank. Adding the plate will raise the jugs and not require any head mods. So, no porting=plate=no head mods required.. porting to a 4mill crank you will have to have your head rechambered (your adding length to the throw and not the jugs but your timing will be correct without the plate)

ya i see what your saying by stock jugs i mean its not a cub...it is gettin a real mild port

ya i see what your saying by stock jugs i mean its not a cub...it is gettin a real mild port

If your already getting it ported, then just get it ported with 4mil port timings. Get away from using the spacer plate and run a cool head with cut domes. If your going to the trouble to stroke the crank then there is no sense in doing it "half ass"! You'll be grateful down the road, trust me. And if you don't want to trust me, ask the guys here! The spacer plate will eventually result in trouble.

SP