Flywheel issues

airn99

Against what I've heard i went ahead and tried to pull my flywheel with a 3jaw puller. Of course no luck so now i guess i've gotta get the right tool. Which is what i shoulda done in the first place i just didnt wanna have to wait a week or so to get it. Anyways is there anyway to tell if i've done any damage to the flywheel. With the cylinders off and the pistons removed i can spin the crank and feel the magnetic force of the flywheel against the stator. Is it a sign i bent it or am i just bein paranoid?

Against what I've heard i went ahead and tried to pull my flywheel with a 3jaw puller. Of course no luck so now i guess i've gotta get the right tool. Which is what i shoulda done in the first place i just didnt wanna have to wait a week or so to get it. Anyways is there anyway to tell if i've done any damage to the flywheel. With the cylinders off and the pistons removed i can spin the crank and feel the magnetic force of the flywheel against the stator. Is it a sign i bent it or am i just bein paranoid?

Common mistake for those not warned, but you said you knew not to use it.....I ruined the flywheel on my first Banshee like that, but I didn't know about the puller.

You can get a puller from magic racing in a couple days, btw.

Good luck and welcome to the HQ! :beer: