what kind of oil?

Silkolene Comp Gear Oil... :thumbsup:

That is what I have in my banshee now. It seems to stay the cleanest the longest. Just dont by a oil that is made for differentials. You dont want an oil that is labled 80w-90 that would be a Hypoid Gear oil. The bel ray gear savers can mess you up if you dont pay atension to the lable.

Bel Ray Gear Saver has a couple different versions.

Tranmission Oil (any of these 3 will work)

75w

80w

85w

Hypoid Gear Oil (differentials)

80w-90

85w-140

shit, I thought you were joking at first. :blink:

I thought to myself, He has a pretty mean looking shee in his avatar and he doesn't know what kind of oil to use?:shoothead: Yeah right!

anyways,:shrug: I like the Bel Ray Gearsaver 80w but ATF or 10w30 will work.

Shell Rotella 15-40

Been running it for years in everything from my YZF big bore, YZ250 and recently 03' Banshee. Also been running it in my wifes 250 Raptor and CRF150. Thousands and thousands of miles without one oil related failure. At $12/gallon I can afford to change it often.

It's additive pack is very close to that of an motorcycle-specific oil at 1/3 the cost.

shit, I thought you were joking at first. :blink:

I thought to myself, He has a pretty mean looking shee in his avatar and he doesn't know what kind of oil to use?:shoothead: Yeah right!

anyways,:shrug: I like the Bel Ray Gearsaver 80w but ATF or 10w30 will work.

see the problem is im one of those guys who got my banshee and has no idea anything about them..............yet im learning pretty quick thanks to this site and the absolute gear heads on here i traded my 1990 suzuki katana for this quad i just put front brakes on it and rear suspention and as im sure you read a blown head gasket................by the by anyone know what the torque specs. are for the head bolts........ damn i need a manual!