stripped alan head

ws6

several ways to go about getting a bolt out, either

A. Get a small drill bit and drill a small whole in it to fit a "E-Z Out" in it that will cork screw into it the counter clock wise direction and help it come out.

B. Get a dremel use a cutting bit to cut a ___ straight line in it so you can use a flat blade screw driver to remove it.

C. say fuck it and drink some beer.

several ways to go about getting a bolt out, either

A. Get a small drill bit and drill a small whole in it to fit a "E-Z Out" in it that will cork screw into it the counter clock wise direction and help it come out.

B. Get a dremel use a cutting bit to cut a ___ straight line in it so you can use a flat blade screw driver to remove it.

C. say fuck it and drink some beer.

I would always recommend C. prior to doing A. OR B.

You cant get a pair of vice grips on those bolts? As I remember there is quite a bit of the head of the bolt hanging out there.

[/quote

MIne are recessed in the bracket. You can drill the socket head off and then rotate it out with channel locks or vise grips. Or, I have found that an accurate smack with a ball peen hammer in the center of the hex on the socket will close it up enough that you can drive an allen wrench (again with said ball peen) into the socket and still get it out. Good luck.

SP

Get a Torkx (Star) bit and pound it in. They work the best for a striped allen head.

Next time you feel it start to round out, get some valve grinding compound and dip the wrench in it. It gives the allen wrench traction and it wont round out.

josh

yep, you can also take a punch & smash it down, jaring the bolt, & it will tighten up the allen hole & try it again... or 1 size smaller... also in the future, always try to get it to move clockwise(tighten it) just enough to make it move before trying to take it out, it also always helps to hit any bolt, square as hard as you dare, before trying to remove it.