CPI Pipe Hangers

werner

Having an issue with my CPIs rubbing on the head on the left (petcock) side. Rubs the blue off the Noss Head and also rubs dimple in pipe. Im currently running Cascade hangers which are basically factory hangers just chromed with allen heads through the bushing. Ive tried shimming the hanger away from the frame but doesnt seem to help.

Is there a better hanger that keeps them further out?

Having an issue with my CPIs rubbing on the head on the left (petcock) side. Rubs the blue off the Noss Head and also rubs dimple in pipe. Im currently running Cascade hangers which are basically factory hangers just chromed with allen heads through the bushing. Ive tried shimming the hanger away from the frame but doesnt seem to help.

Is there a better hanger that keeps them further out?

How far have you shimed it out. It takes quite abit to keep it from rubbing. I think I have 3/8 in spacers inbetween the frame and hangers on my CPI's. You can see it in the pic.

100_2126.jpg

Well I had to shim pipes and silencers. Pipes about 3/4 inch or more and silencers 3/8 inch. No rubs now

Dont knw if I had to shim that much but I had to do the same thing. My CPIs are the older style with no CPI stamp in the chamber. Dont know if that is why or not.

SP