todays adventure

well i went on a ride today and while doing about 70 i got coolent spray and steam everywhere so i shut the motor off and coasted to a stop. after waving my hands on the side of the road franticly for about 20 min i finall got some one to take me and the shee home (which was about 7 miles from where i am.) After i got it home i started searching for the problem which turns out to be i lost 2 head bolts on the right side so the water is spraying. my question is what else to i need to replace besides the lost bolts? could this have messed up anything else????????? any help is greatly appreciated!

check your o rings out... you might have blown one or stretched one... make sure no coolant is setting in the pistons, change your oil and put it all back together and ride it.

awesome thank you for the info do i need to change the head gaskett (do they have a head gaskett)? sorry im still pretty new to the whole 2 sroke and quad thing!

If you have an aftermarket head you will need to at least check the o-rings for damage. If you have a stock head you will need to remove it and check the head gasket. You will also need to have the head checked to make sure it did not warp.

You do NOT need to change your oil. Your gearbox and crankcase do not share the same oil on a two-stroke. I would not necessarily leave coolant sitting in the cylinder though.