Bad sounding noise

quikshee

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah at a low speed in first it would start the rubbing grinding noise, and would come and go. I could actually feel it in the bike when i was moving. It will start and run great, rev to the moon until i try and take off then i have to rev the crap out of it for it not to stall

if your engine is running fine until you engauge the trans sounds like clutch basket of trans.until you described the shifter rod coming out and play in the trans shaft gear by the clutch basket.sounds to me like you need a trans rebuild.also why your there with the compression readings you have. bore,pistons and rings doesn't sound like a bad idea either.sounds like maybe one of the 4 trans shaft bearings took a sh!t causing other problems for you.if it was me I don't think I would try to start it any more or you may spend mo money than you need to.I also believe if you were having crank bearing or rod bearing problems you would notice it with or with out a load on the engine.if the crank bearings were gone you would probably be leaking something through the crank seals.

Ok i got the cases split, and i cannot see anything visibly wrong. No shavings and nothing broke. I'm thinking it's the bearings in the transmission gears, because I can't see anything else that could be wrong. When I spin the gears it does make kind of a clunking sound.

Whatcha guys think???