Bad sounding noise

quikshee

i would take a close look at your clutch. Also, maybe its not stuck in too high a gear and its bogging the hell out of it, and then the clutch starts to slip making the noise? just an idea.

I had a right crank seal go once and it sucked all the fluid out of my tranny, the clutch made the most horrendous metal scraping noise, im thinking maybe thats what your hearing. Also your fluid being gray could be from a lot of clutch material in it

Edited by Ben350

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine seems to take close to 2 quarts to get full as well.

The kick start gear and the gear next to it will have some play in them. It is the clutch basket that is what I would be concerned with. Oh, and there is a gear in front of the clutch bastket that I believe is connected to the the crankshaft. That one should have no play in it either. That one most of all I think.

it could be your crank falling appart. it happened to me, the crank started to unpress and it was rubbing the case. just an idea tho. or maybe a piece of the piston broke off and is spinning around with the crank, just what i found when i took mine appart.... shitty deal :down:

I'm pretty sure something inside is royally fucked :shoothead: I had the rear end up on a jackstand and i shifted down once and it clunked and won't shift anymore, the shaft that holds the shifter now moves in and out. Also does the kickstart gear just pull right out??? Mine pulled out pretty easily and now i have it back in and it only kicks so far then stops.

doesn't sound like the forks then.It wont shift through the gears when sitting still.It needs some movement in the tranny.Prolly start with the jugs coming off and check for play in the rods.that is if everything in the clutch and flywheel ckeckout. I dont want you to get over your head with this, so a Clymers manual is very,very highly recommended.