CPI for cub

keeks707

well my brother is getting his motor built and was wondering if CPI's in-frame would be good for his build. he gonna get cub build with 35mm carbs with a stock stroke...and he would also like to kno which setup should he go with, the "big bore" or the regular ones...let me kno what u think...thank you.

When I think of an inframe pipe, I think of the occasional drag racing duner. For a duner bike...CPI would be my personal choice...

If he got serious into drag racing, out of frame pipes are the way to go....and Shearer get the nod from me for Cubs.

NOW...

That's not to say CPI, GRR, RDZ, Jaws or other out of frame pipes won't work, they will and can work very well.

I've ran CPI and Shearer on mine...I like how mine runs on Shearer...

And this is NO way to judge a pipe, but I do like the look of shearer better than the CPI pipes.

Edited by dajogejr

i have the big bore stock stroke cub.. i am running 33 pwks, and inframe cpi's.. it definately runs great.. i trail ride it often(nothing real technical).. but i would definately buy the big bore cub.. why spend all that money and not get the big bore? in my opinion thats a no brainer.. i would like to trade up to a set of shearers and give them a try.. but since the cpi's come on a little sooner they suite me best.. good luck.. he will love that cub.

You gonna tell me those Rockets look/perform better?? LOL...

youre god damn right..

i had a 4mm stock cylinder motor that was drag ported by rick cairo. rockets made 77hp and 44 lbs of torque.. cpi made 74 hp and 41 lbs of torque. that sold me right there..

and yes, i think the rockets are better looking than cpi. i think cpi are prolly one of the ugliest pipes out there.

I`m thinking of getting a new set seeing i have some scratches on mine. i love the look of the cpi and for what i do i couldnt ask for a better pipe. i just dont like the burns on my leg. this is only my 4th set of pipes so i cant say much but i think they look dam good.

coalhillbanshee.jpg

LOL...

Just goes to proove what I put in another post, user asking about GRR pipes.

Pipes are one piece of a puzzle for a matched set to perform...

I think CPI are ugly too, but...they work very well!

i dont disagree with you that they work well.. in my experience though they have not. which im thanful for because i think they are ugly.

what was the other post about GRR pipes? i dont think i saw it. and what was proven?

I`m thinking of getting a new set seeing i have some scratches on mine. i love the look of the cpi and for what i do i couldnt ask for a better pipe. i just dont like the burns on my leg. this is only my 4th set of pipes so i cant say much but i think they look dam good.

coalhillbanshee.jpg

Shearer, IMO...have the nicest design as far as drag pipes go for an inframe pipe. They are like T5's on steroids, you can get to your plugs and fuel valve easy, they bend over the carbs and air filters so they clear the pods...but they are a top end screaming pipe.

Tyler...here's that post. There was no conclusion, a guy asked about GRR pipes he got on ebay....any good, etc?

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100911

Shearer, IMO...have the nicest design as far as drag pipes go for an inframe pipe. They are like T5's on steroids, you can get to your plugs and fuel valve easy, they bend over the carbs and air filters so they clear the pods...but they are a top end screaming pipe.

Tyler...here's that post. There was no conclusion, a guy asked about GRR pipes he got on ebay....any good, etc?

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100911

ahh i see.. i agree about the shearers. they are a great looking pipe, they perform great, and everything is easy to get to. that was the bad thing about the rockets. petcock and plugs were hard to get to.

i would recommend the rockets over cpi to someone who wanted an inframe drag pipe that makes good power down low and in the middle. as far as top end though, shearer will hands down blow them all away.

well you really cant go wrong with either the shearer or cpi pipes, but i have also heard good things about the paul turners. also, it all depends on when you want the power to kick in!! good luck decidin. ; )