Spark Arrestor

ex400

Here are my spark arrested CPI Silencers. I bought a set of Trinity's spark arrestors. You will have to work with them to get them to fit up.

Issue #1

They slide right in to the cpi silencer body. The center hole in the spark arrestor is to small. Trinity's pipes use a smaller core. Here is what I did. The hole in the spark arrestor is 1" in diameter. It needs to be opeained up to 1 1/8". You really need a drill press for this because the walls get kind of thin. I wouldnt try it with a hand drill. You just drill 1/2 the way through. You dont want to opean it up to 1 1/8" all the way through or the core could slide out. Then you take a 1" drill bit and go all the way through. That way the inside diameter of the spark arrestor base is the same ID as the CPI's core. And it makes a ridge so the core cant slide out.

Issue #2

The 3 holes that hold cpi's end cap on doesnt line up with the trinity spark arrestors. The tip wont be mounted straight if you dont make new holes in the silencer body. I cut my silencers down 1.6" so the spark arrestors wont be haning clear out the back. Dont cut the core down until you have the spark arrestor fitted for the core. That way you can measure how long the core needs to be for a tight fit (not to long or to short).

If you have any questons just ask

josh

theshee did the polishing for me too.

Before

CPISilencer2.jpg

CPISilencer1.jpg

After

CPISilencer6.jpg

CPISilencer5.jpg

CPISilencer4.jpg