E-85 Ethanol

i thoghut i read somewhere that it may eat the bowls or the fuel lines or something else that is important... not 100% sure.. i remember reading that it just wasnt worth the hassle to set your bike up for it

hehehe

93 octane 3.85 a gallon + a bottle of outlaw octane booster

E-85 3.00 a gallon and its 105 octane

it would be worth it for me..i think any issues of corrosion could be taken care of with silicone hoses...thats what they use for nitromethane and surely it isnt as potent as nitromethane

ethanol is not a good burning fuel , the highway patrol near me dont even wanna use it . they say the milage got worse and the cars have a loss of power ... our bikes are not meant to be "green " as they call it ..

I have an E85 GMC truck... The power is great when i use the E85 but shitty for milage. we did a little test with my truck from where i live to nashville and back and the Reg gas is better milage...I was asking my budy that works for GM and said that the engine runs cleaner and thats about it and the fuel is made from home crops.. so thats the only upside. I did a seach on Youtube and they had two SUV's both not set up for e85 on only had e85 run on it and the other with normal gas and the e85 was the cleanest looking inside of the engine. But other then that...Be looking to use about twice the amound of gas. Other then the Gov trying to make a good running gas rather then using all oil gas we have a starting poing and soon it will be like running a diesel off of my frys i had for dinner from BKing...But back to my truck i can say much more then i love it and only with i dad the 08 diesel gmc that my brother has for towing the 5thwheel out..but im getting around 24 highway mile wo/E85 and 14-18 in citys with my full size gmc truck so i cant say much on that part I guess if you want better Gas Milage then get a bike or start walking I will only live so long tell this earth eats its self from the mild east over seas. All I can say from where I have been, seen and done in iraq that i love this country and will never leave its side. The way they leave i like how we lived in the late 1800 I guess some have power and some done...the shitter is a hole in the floor dug out. and thats about it.. and a place i never want to go to again from searching houses after houses unless i gett to some how get a 4x4 fourwheel with a m249 on the front so i can chaise down anyone that wants to run... It will be a spectra gun ship on the gound with fast moving through and over anything... Sorry for the rant there. But all and all on the E-85 I guess it is a good gas but still has some looking into.. I mean we started with steam and all Thats a big way

I have an E85 GMC truck... The power is great when i use the E85 but shitty for milage. we did a little test with my truck from where i live to nashville and back and the Reg gas is better milage...I was asking my budy that works for GM and said that the engine runs cleaner and thats about it and the fuel is made from home crops.. so thats the only upside. I did a seach on Youtube and they had two SUV's both not set up for e85 on only had e85 run on it and the other with normal gas and the e85 was the cleanest looking inside of the engine. But other then that...Be looking to use about twice the amound of gas. Other then the Gov trying to make a good running gas rather then using all oil gas we have a starting poing and soon it will be like running a diesel off of my frys i had for dinner from BKing...But back to my truck i can say much more then i love it and only with i dad the 08 diesel gmc that my brother has for towing the 5thwheel out..but im getting around 24 highway mile wo/E85 and 14-18 in citys with my full size gmc truck so i cant say much on that part I guess if you want better Gas Milage then get a bike or start walking I will only live so long tell this earth eats its self from the mild east over seas. All I can say from where I have been, seen and done in iraq that i love this country and will never leave its side. The way they leave i like how we lived in the late 1800 I guess some have power and some done...the shitter is a hole in the floor dug out. and thats about it.. and a place i never want to go to again from searching houses after houses unless i gett to some how get a 4x4 fourwheel with a m249 on the front so i can chaise down anyone that wants to run... It will be a spectra gun ship on the gound with fast moving through and over anything... Sorry for the rant there. But all and all on the E-85 I guess it is a good gas but still has some looking into.. I mean we started with steam and all Thats a big way

damn man...you gona pass that or what.. ?

ethanol is not a good burning fuel , the highway patrol near me dont even wanna use it . they say the milage got worse and the cars have a loss of power ... our bikes are not meant to be "green " as they call it ..

That doesnt make sence considering Indy Car switched from Methanol to Ethanol. They thought it would be good PR to run a fuel that was GROWN here in the US.

The reason why there wasnt as much power is because the engine wasnt built to run Ethanol. Sure the manufactures made the fuel system Ethanol compatable so you have CHOICE to run Flex Fuel (E85) or Regular gasoline.

In order to make power with Ethanol or Methanol you need to up the compression. The big auto manufactures havent done that because then it WOULDN'T be a Flex Fuel Vehilce. You would have to run E85 all the time. Then if some one put regular gas in there E85 ONLY vehicle it would melt the motor down due to detonation.

josh

ask my 250r what happens when you run gas with even 10% ethanol and dont majorly jet up...

Melted piston that led to a melted crank bearing,

Advice: do not run it unless you dont mind your bike bogging through all the power, runs terribly hot and power is terrible. :confused:

The 10% ethanol wanst at fault. I switched back and fourth between 10% and regular all the time before I ran straight race fuel. Who kept on riding it when it was running poorly, that is what is at fault.

The 10% ethanol wanst at fault. I switched back and fourth between 10% and regular all the time before I ran straight race fuel. Who kept on riding it when it was running poorly, that is what is at fault.

yea I wouldn't blame the 10% because most of our stations here where I am in NY are all that way and never had a jetting issue or poor running issue. I also have a 250r and my shee. both run like champs on it so I think you had another underlaying issue!

Mmmm SAW :biggrin:

I've been wondering about E85 too, seen a few GM trucks with the flex fuel badging but not any of the fuel at the pumps here :shrug:

Ya the SAW I love this weapon for when im walking through the city but the only thing is trying to carry all the ammo for it. Its fun when you get to lay down a belt of 100 rounds in about 5secs to give cover.

But ya. the E85 i dont even want to run in my bike because i know what works and that is the gas that was made for it. but it will come around one of these days. but not these week. My friend was telling me that there is a special map in the E85 cars and trucks so it will sense from the 02 senser... so unless you got and 02 to run on your bike to keep changin your jetting I just dont see the big thing in running it unless you can start mixing it with reg pump gas but ill let the guys that do that and write back on here. I was readin back on Toulene and there was a guy on here that knows his shit and Im praying that he will chim in on here. I dont remember his screen name but He should have some input on how and whats going on...I think it is FireHead but correct me if im wrong

But ya im think we should set up some snipers on the boarders of Mex about 2 miles apart and just start layin down some people. I mean if you come up to a point and starting seeing your people laying there I think I would turn around. Just a thought due to if they can come over are boarder well then Rag Boy or Girl can make it to. :down:

Edited by GrMeyer

IVe been studying E85 for quite some time.... a local station carrying it is the sole reason I currently have a 97 banshee frame in my garage.. I plan to build an e85 burning quad...

what I am not certain about is what you have to do about mixing oil.... what kind of oil mixes with ethanol? I know some people run 100% ethanol but I don't actually know anyone who does.. I need info on that...

I also read that E85 was 115 octane.

Don