Raptor Rear Shock?

mofoka

I'm riding trails and the shock I just got is really soft with the preload maxed out and adjustments dialed in. I'm not sure if it is bunk or if banshees are soft all around. I also don't mind if it sat up a little more either.

I'm planning to get YFZ shocks for the front and need to do something with the rear.

My first thought was to get a eibach spring for my weight (I'm 195lbs, stock swinger), which ever one that is. Possibly getting it revaled also. that sounds like it will cost me 300-400 BUCKS!!

Just saw a craptor rear shock and it seems like it might bolt on with a little work and want to know if it might save me some loot.

Not sure about the Raptor shock, but if your rear is too soft your either too heavy or the shock is long blown. On my stocker at the heardest setting I would get bounced all around. My advice, would be to send it out to TCS and have it rebuilt, that way you have the correct shock for the bike, and it can be recharged again and again in the future for $50 after the initial rebuild. I think TCS is getting about 300 for a basic rebuild/respring though.

I was never a big fan of using suspension parts from different bikes. A shock really has to be set up for the correct stance/weight/riding style to work properly. If it were me Id probably save up and wait or pick up a newer used Banshee rear shock.

Not sure about the Raptor shock, but if your rear is too soft your either too heavy or the shock is long blown. On my stocker at the heardest setting I would get bounced all around. My advice, would be to send it out to TCS and have it rebuilt, that way you have the correct shock for the bike, and it can be recharged again and again in the future for $50 after the initial rebuild. I think TCS is getting about 300 for a basic rebuild/respring though.

I was never a big fan of using suspension parts from different bikes. A shock really has to be set up for the correct stance/weight/riding style to work properly. If it were me Id probably save up and wait or pick up a newer used Banshee rear shock.

I just did, I got this one off Kiel.

I figured banshee's had soft suspension.... this one is better than my last one by far but not even close to my buddies 400ex.

I just did, I got this one off Kiel.

I figured banshee's had soft suspension.... this one is better than my last one by far but not even close to my buddies 400ex.

Stock Banshees arent particularly known for their suspension. A 400ex is about a 20 year newer design.

Throw a -1 swinger on there and some +2+1 arms with good shocks, and its a whole different ballgame though.

Stock Banshees arent particularly known for their suspension. A 400ex is about a 20 year newer design.

Throw a -1 swinger on there and some +2+1 arms with good shocks, and its a whole different ballgame though.

Is a -1 going to make a difference?

• 2 weeks later...