lock up or out clutch?

Hello guys. can you all tell me what the lock out clutch set up is for. can it be used for a woods ride.and could a hydralic clutch setup be used with it? just trying to figure out the best set up for my shee. im doin a 421 stroker woods machine. would this be a usefull addition.

hope fully ill get this thing to some dunes or at least the beach. its probly going to be a real hand full in the woods.

thanks for the reply guys, Ill be using vitos jugs for this build but Im not doing any porting on them yet just useing the plate, I wont be useing to much of a compresion ratio change other than droping a size or two. As far as clutch lever im honestly thinking of going with a hydroic line set up and doing away with cable setup. I guess i was just wondering if the lock up clutch will last better than say doing a new hinson with heavy clutchs and springs.

I've used a lockup on my old 421 setup without a overide trans and it shifted perfectly fine in the woods.

The lockup just adds extra pressure to the pressure plate to keep the clutch pack from slipping. Usually needed in motors around 80hp and higher. When HP starts to get that high the HD springs can't quite hold the power. There is a few people making HD springs that can hold alot more power then your standard HD springs but the clutch pull would be a bitch. You could use a lockup with a hydro clutch but you probabaly wont be needing one and would be a waste of money (unless you want the look). You could probably get by using a good clutch kit and HD springs and not have slipping issues.