hard to shift under load

themudgician

ok i just pulled the clutch cover off and the center bolt and nut are loose, and the clutch basket turns1/4 to 3/8 of a inch when the gear behind it stays still. help help i have no manual too look at and want to ride.

im also pretty sure it a after market basket just seen a pic of a stock one . and mine looks alot different with long sloted holes in the fingers

im also pretty sure it a after market basket just seen a pic of a stock one . and mine looks alot different with long sloted holes in the fingers
it is aftermarket there are little round black bushings on the back under the rear cover that are wore out. where can i get replacements. also i noticed someone ground dowwn all the points on the shifter star down to the pins exept the neutral. could that be some of the problem.

You shift star has been moded. That helps a lot for shifting. Replace your bushings on the basket. I found if you replace your clutch cable and handle with a nice aftermarket one it helps. Also make sure your clutch is adjusted corectly.

could any of these things be causing a hard to shift at wot. or do i need to dig deeper
is it normal for the clutch basket cushions to be 2 different sizes,mine are about 1/4 difference in size. 1 big one and one little one in each slot. should the end of the shifter shaft be sloppy, the springed peice that moves the pins to shift. it hard to jugde a even gap to set it correctly. because of the slop prob about a 1/16 or so. any help guys would be great.

Cushions should not be different sizes. Not sure I'm understanding the slop issue? The claw that grabs the dowel like pins to shift is sloppy? Its just a little tension spring that holds it. It should move with very Little tension on it.