coolhead help

OKCterror

A cooler motor tends to run better, but alot of the power of a head comes from the dome size, if you are running a stock size dome it will cool your motor alot better but might only give min imal results to power, with that said if you were to change your dome size and higher compression you should get a increase of power...and with that being said lol your power might have acost in the fuel department b/c if you get to greedy with compression you generally should run higher octane fuel.

i would use 20cc domes, would i have to have get port work too

You don't have to have the engine ported to run an aftermarket head. The purpose of the head is to cool the engine better and you have the ability to change domes, which will increase/decrease your compression. Anything over 155psi you'll want to start running a higher octane fuel.

You will notice a gain in power from just switching heads, but it won't be anything significant. You'll get more torque and cooler engine temps. Porting is what really wakes the engine up, you'll definitely notice that, lol

Porting is the way to go for a significant power increase. It sounds like the best place to go for portwork is Kevin Herr, real quick to turn them around and everyone seems really pleased with his pricing and work. Definitely worth the money spent to get porting.

If I were you, I'd PM dlnoss on here and ask him which size dome he'd recommend you run in your head to keep your bike on pump gas. He is the man when it comes to that stuff, he knows exactly what you'll need. Extremely nice guy, great prices, and great service :beer:

Also, porting DOES affect your compression. If your cylinders are hogged out, it'll drop the compression some from where it would be on a stock port. When getting a recommendation for dome size, be sure to tell whether or not it's ported, or going to be ported. On that same note, if you do end up getting portwork done, the person who ports the engine should recommend the dome/base gasket, etc. that would work best with their portwork/setup, and 9 times out of 10, they sell the domes too, and it'll save you some headache....

Assuming your compression is right on for stock, or close, then 20cc domes will put you comfortably in the 93 octane range.

If you ran 19s, your bike would probably be wanting race fuel.

You can run 21s or 22s if you want...but I wouldn't.

If I could pull off 20s instead of 21s, I'd do it.

[based on your elevation.]

:thumbsup: