lockout clutch cover!

why is it so expensive?

good quality, aftermarket parts usually are not cheap. there are a lot of

pros to getting a lockout clutch cover even if you dont have the lockout unit.

main reason being able to adjust and change the clutch without having to

drain the coolant and pulling the entire cover off the side of the engine.

ive heard of people sayin the lexan glass one tend to leak.... 907 .. are u lookin at gettin a lockup ? i just ordered a slingshot lockup for mine, it fits under the stock cover. pm dajogejr about them, he runs one on his 10 mil

ive heard of people sayin the lexan glass one tend to leak.... 907 .. are u lookin at gettin a lockup ? i just ordered a slingshot lockup for mine, it fits under the stock cover. pm dajogejr about them, he runs one on his 10 mil

The Direct Drive Die Cast cover is a 100% new casting. Much better alternative than milling a stock cover down and welding or epoxying on the extension ring.

The new direct drive 12 bolt lexans dont leak. You can also get an aluminum cover so you dont have to worry abou the clear lexan.

mine is going on its 3rd riding season and it has not leaked yet. :thumbsup:

well there u go.. lol

i wanted one with the lexan cover... but damn they are high. plus i wanted to try out the slingshot.

doesnt the dd ones stick out alittle ?? i was also worryied about the dreaded kickstart kick back. my buddy went threw 2 side covers with a kickstart prob... id didnt want to risk f n up a high dollar cover...

i think badassbanshee sayed there is a mod to prevent that.

well there u go.. lol

i wanted one with the lexan cover... but damn they are high. plus i wanted to try out the slingshot.

doesnt the dd ones stick out alittle ?? i was also worryied about the dreaded kickstart kick back. my buddy went threw 2 side covers with a kickstart prob... id didnt want to risk f n up a high dollar cover...

i think badassbanshee sayed there is a mod to prevent that.

I believe dajo said that there is 2 different sling shots. One replaces the stock pressure plate, that one fits under the stock cover. The other style uses the stock pressure plate and sticks out a little and requires a cover. That is the one that Dajo is using.

Direct Drives new diecast cover also has a beefier area around the kick starter. The cover does stick out a little. I had to do a little grinding on the foot peg and tweeked the brake lever.

new_cvr_058.jpg

Plus no vent or rubber plug in the water pump cavity.

new_cvr_052.jpg

new_cvr_046.jpg

new_cvr_054.jpg

new_cvr_053.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is there web page.

http://www.directdrivecnc.net/banqcm.html

In this pic you can see the seams of a moded stock cover. I posted it so you could see how much they actually add.

new_cvr_051.jpg

I just had my cover powdercoated black.

100_2181.jpg

100_2178.jpg

100_2176.jpg

thats perdy... some perty oil in there. mine is different. what kind of oil is that?