Elka's New Rear Linkage System

Justintoxicated

When I stopped by Alba at the Sand Sports Super show they were sporting the new banshee rear shock linkage and I must say it looked sweet.

http://www.elkasuspension.com/atv/linkages.html

I'm not sure if it is what I'm looking for but it is supposed to add some travel as long as you buy it with their shock designed to go with it. it was ridiculouly expensive though like $1500 bones or some shit...

But anyways I'd honestly rather pay the cash for some real quality than end up on a stretcher in a gurney again.

I know I posted about this before but I must say it is a real disapointment that a rear should would deteriorate to this level after about 1.5 seasons on it. Unlike some people I don't get to ride often and having to pay to rebuild my shocks once a year does not really seem worth while for how much I get to ride. Plus I don't think I should have to increase the dampening every time I go for a ride (it is maxed out at this point right now) I mean what is it like a couple bucks every time I hit a whoop and go off a jump?

Anyways, my rear shock is needing to be rebuilt and I was thinking about trying percision conceptz this time around, as I would feel really burt if I sent it back to TCS and the damn thing wore out this fast again. After the ambulence ride I guess you could say I'm not very forgiving...

But if it's money well spent I'm thinking I would rather go with the ultimate suspension and live with my shitty rear shock right now for a bit longer (Just won't ride hard in the meantime I guess) and avoid the hospital in the future.

Edited by Justintoxicated

So it requires a longer travel shock for use with their linkage set-up?

If you want to sit at the stock ride height I believe so. You would gain another 2.75 inches of travel I think. But It would be cool if someone could verify this !

I would settle for a free hooker or possibly a yo-yo. :ninja:

I don't remember the exact price, but ~$1500 also included the rear shock...I'm probably jsut going to have my shock re-valved again for now untill I get my cub which might call for a longer swingarm.

justin learn how to do it yourself man. after the first teare down its super simple. i could walk you through it. the only thing you need is a way to remove the spring, which can be accomplished very crudely if need be.