What Month For CoalFest ?

Meat

What month for CoalFest ??  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone interested in going to CoalFest please help us pick a month.

Month that gets the most votes wins, then we'll have to figure out which weekend is best for everyone.

Remember..... springtime months will prolly be wet, muddy and cold nights for camping. No swimming or cleaning up at one of the lakes, water is too damn cold. The wet springtime months will keep the dust down. 20-30 degree nights in March and April. 50-60 degree nights in May and June.

Summer months equal nice sunny days, less chance of rain but more dust. Last summer it rained so much that dust was not a problem all year long. Summer months we can jump in one of the lakes to cool off and clean up. Warm nights for camping. 70-80 degree nights in July and August.

Fall months, bring nice sunny days but colder nights. The leaves are turning colors and they cover all the trails. The crisp autumn air really wakes up a 2 stroke motor. Dust is still an issue, but its prolly not as bad as the summer months. 40-50-60 degree nights in September and October.

Love to hear any comments or suggestions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May sounds good too me too,to dusty after mid year,to cold and wet in early spring,i do like the idea of a fall ride with the trees changing color,maybe that will work out too,mmmm... <_< but i ride year round,if it's too muddy or the snows too deep, i got the foreman with gators to pull me through!,or if i just want ride the trails around here i take out one of my 1985 tri-z's ;)

Any date after May is bad for me, I rotate to my next duty station mid June. I'll be off to Wright-Patterson Air FARCE base in Dayton, Ohio. Woohooo. I guess the first weekend in June would be doable for me, we'll see how the wife feels about me going away for the weekend before Household Goods shows up to pack up our stuff and move us 800 miles. This is her first move with the good ol NAV!

1st and 2nd week in June I cant do. Got family things going on. I'd say last weekend in June or a weekend after the 4th of July would be a good time. How's this sound. I know a lot of people arent gonna be able to make it this time....and others wont be able to make it next time, so why not shoot for a date in late june, mid july, and then we shoot for another date like the first weekend in october. (Sept 16-19 is bad because there is a monstrous car show down in wildwood NJ that would be killer to check out for those that can get to it. Cars on the boardwalk until you have to turn off the boardwalk because you cant take any more in. They have a parade where they drive them around, dyno runs, burnout contest....cars burning out on the side streets, etc etc. And then to top that all off in Northern Wildwood is the Irishfest that you can go to and get a good groove on)

How about June 18-20

June 25-27?

July 9-11?

July 16-18? For dates to pick?

I figure we can pick those and do a poll on those dates if they sound like good times to go to everyone. And then set up another get together in the fall.

And with your situation mcaf....maybe we can do a little something before you ship off outta this area. It's all up to you guys....I've got a helmet cam for footage n stuff and cant go the first 2 weeks of June....but am up for almost any other time.