FUCK! now what do I do?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tap is hardned steel the carb is aluminum how did you break it? and you CAN NOT drill the tap without screwing up the carb

they make broken tap removers like THIS HERE to get it out ive used small nails and vise grips before too but that tap is too small. Im just curious on how you broke it, did you you drop it or somthing?

the tap is hardned steel the carb is aluminum how did you break it? and you CAN NOT drill the tap without screwing up the carb

they make broken tap removers like THIS HERE to get it out ive used small nails and vise grips before too but that tap is too small. Im just curious on how you broke it, did you you drop it or somthing?

I bought the kit from VITOS.

never dropped or anything. just a POP! the broke off.

I wasnt the one tapping it. my engine builder was, (20+ years). he said I'm pretty much fucked, must off got a bad tap.

he said tryin to get it out cuz it was in deep was gonna mess it up anyway. now I need a new right side carb.

UNLESS you guys kno how to fix my prob.

thanks for the link. I'm gonna show this to him 2morrow.

well like i said its aluminum even a bad tap should have striped it first. and tht tool is for NOT messing up the threads. i have NEVER snaped a tap in aluminum i have striped it many times. call vitos and tell them you need a carb because their crap broke. ot get the tool and get it out. But id be after vitos because if the hole was the proper size ther is no way in hell that tap should have broke.

Was he running the tap dry? You should always use cutting oil or at least some wd-40 when tapping. turn tap in 1 turn back out 1/2 turn until all the way in. Most of the time a broken tap is operator error. sorry man.

Exactly. And most of the time you're better off finding a new/used one because you'll destroy the carb getting the tap out, I've never seen an extractor that'll touch a tap...you gotta be reaaaal careful with those little fuckers.

i got 3 sets of stockers with the tors removed. call john 215 880 1990. if you wanna buy a set. if your builder did it it is his responsability to remove it.

lol !!! i was about to post... call nyuk(john) he always has what u need !!

when this happens most people think your screwed but with the right machine that hardened tap can easily and quickly be desintagrated with out any heat warpage or harm to the fine soft aluminum threads ,

this machine is called ram EDM

Edited by flotek