making struts

Skidmark

I did a search and got alot of information about them but I still need to know if it would be alright to make struts for the front and rear out of 1" square steel tubing. I saw one post that said you could make them out of aluminum, so Im guessing this will be fine. If you have any specific lengths that work the best feel free to share them, cause I have no idea where to start. And by the way Ill be running it in 200-300 foot dirt and sand drags.

I'm running a +8 link style swingarm with no link. lol, I guess I should have added that in there...

I always tell people to start off with the swingarm parallel to the ground and adjust from there. Lowering it more will take away some traction, raising it up will give you more traction.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is 1" square tubing.. no problems .. (yet) :evil:

:evil: is that 1" square aluminum tubing with the 1/8" thickness like you can buy off the shelf at lowe's or home depot?...what kind of riding do you do?...i would like to ask anyone if this tubing would work for dirt racing on a relatively smooth track though, obviously, not as smooth as asphalt...and referring to the post by "gimmeabeer" what does he mean by the "weld in bungs not nuts"...not familiar with this...thanks...dbr :beer:

Edited by MSBansheeDrags