Ricky Stator JUNK

dajogejr

Well...second stator bad in 2 years. This was a warranty replacement from the one I bought in 06...that was warrantied almost to the day last year.

Made 5 or 6 passes Thursday, made 2-3 passes Friday and it died. Missed my qualifying runs, got it done just in time to race...

Luckily I had a spare OEM Stator from NYUK..

I'm not going to even bother to get a replacement. I'm going to get another OEM stator as a backup, a billet plate from Chariot...and I'll put up my RS Stator plate cheap.

(Please don't PM about the plate, it'll be a few weeks and I'll post it for sale...:) )

Never Again will I buy another piece of RS crap.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...second stator bad in 2 years. This was a warranty replacement from the one I bought in 06...that was warrantied almost to the day last year.

Made 5 or 6 passes Thursday, made 2-3 passes Friday and it died. Missed my qualifying runs, got it done just in time to race...

Luckily I had a spare OEM Stator from NYUK..

I'm not going to even bother to get a replacement. I'm going to get another OEM stator as a backup, a billet plate from Chariot...and I'll put up my RS Stator plate cheap.

(Please don't PM about the plate, it'll be a few weeks and I'll post it for sale...:) )

Never Again will I buy another piece of RS crap.

I want to do something kind of organized. Everyone who has ever had a bad RS stator, go to the Ricky Stator site and email them telling them about your experience. I am going to call them this week and ask them if they have had any issues. I want to see if they tell me the truth after everyone has emailed them. I have asked her a few times, and she always says they haven't had any problems. Post here after you send the email to them.

Snop, no offense to you bro...

I'm doing something organized.

I'm telling fellow members here without a doubt they are junk. They are no longer what they used to be.

I will only get OEM stators going forward. 2 strikes you're out. Luckily enough I was smart enough to carry a spare, or that bad stator would've cost me 200 in winnings from the race I scrambled to make.

I'm not going to waste my time calling, complaining, etc. The best they'll do is send me a new one, IF they'll do that...and I really don't feel like waiting another year to have another one fail.

I threw that piece of trash out at the track. So, I'm pretty sure a refund is out of the question...that would be the only thing that I would be somewhat ok with.

Here is my RS Flywheel. Rivit head broke off stuck to the pickup coil and when the node came through it destroyed the pickup. It is at RS now going to get warrentied. Makes for a pretty good kill switch. There were some cows out on the trail I was riding on. Gave it a few revs and it just died. Everybody riding with me was like give it a few kicks to try to start it. I told them it wasnt going to start, I could tell by the way it died. Got pulled back to camp 5 miles by my bro's gril friends vfoce 700. Took the stator cover off and found it.

What did your's do when it went out. High RPM Miss, Just flat out quit?

josh

100_2219.jpg

100_2224.jpg

Had a ricky flywheel that i later determined was out of round, and im pretty sure it took out my old motor do to the imbalance. Just had to replace my second ricky 200watt stator. Im going to try to get it warrantied and then ebay it. F them. they suck. They either dont put out their rated wattage, or break up and run like shit. Im going to convert the bike to DC when i get it running again and run some HID lights. Ricky stator = garbage :down:

ive used their stator for a bit now and havent had any issues knock on wood.

but iknow their flywheel seem to be junk. put a brand new one on to test some electrical stuff made the bike run worse put stock one back on and ran good.

that made in china stuff is going to haunt them in the end.

I have one had no problems yet. im going to silver lake in two weeks ill see what happens

TAKE AN OEM SPARE. these are just a few of the many that have had problems. bigwill went through 3 200w stators before he swapped back to stock.

Hey guys would a bad stator make you bike only fire on one cylinder?

Sorry to hear about your bad luck at the track but luckily you had a spare...Since ive been on this site i have heard nothing but bad things about them..I kno ill never go that route for sure...

Hey guys would a bad stator make you bike only fire on one cylinder?

Sorry to hear about your bad luck at the track but luckily you had a spare...Since ive been on this site i have heard nothing but bad things about them..I kno ill never go that route for sure...

no, that would be an issue elsewhere. Flywheel magnet, coil, plug, compression, reeds, etc.....

i have had 2 Ricky stators go bad on me!! a buddy of mine bought a banshee, had a ricky in it, it went bad also, he bought another ricky stator, and it went bad!!, put an oem in it and all is fine now.. so yes they are definately only good for paperweights, scrap metal, or any other non-electrical use you can think of!! LOL

Ricky Stator products ARE FUCKING JUNK! I thankfully have OEM stuff on my bike, but my buddies Banshee (who posts here, and probably will once he settles down) has gone through 4 stators (which ruined 2 OEM flywheels), rivets breaking, bolts falling out or pulling out of the plate. each time they replaced it promising they fixed the problem bla bla bla. The last time the stator went out, it ruined his flywheel again, so they sent him a RS flywheel. 2 weeks ago out in Idaho, his bike started to spit and sputter, so we immediately pulled the flywheel cover off.

First off, isn't it bad that you automatically know what is wrong with the bike? This time, the rivets in the flywheel loosened and ate everything up. He couldn't even get the fucking flywheel off by welding the puller onto it, so he had to use a 3 jaw puller. The damn thing was warped onto the crank so good that not even the 3 jaw would pull it off, and it mushroomed the end of his crank.

PLEASE, NOBODY BUY THIS CHINESE BULLSHIT TRASH ANYMORE. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE!

Edited by IrideA250R

SO YOUR TELLING ME I SHOULD TAKE OFF MY RS STATOR NOW!! JUST KIDDING

Honestly, yes i would. My bike is the one iridea250r is talking about. I just got done sending them a novel about how their products are hands down the worst stuff in the whole ATV industry and asking them how they can sell stuff that they know is garbage and constantly come back in pieces. I've had countless stators go bad and now the flywheel too. Worst part is that it doesnt matter if they warranty or not, because when the shit fails, it screws up all kinds of other stuff too that they will never reimburse you for