High output stator

rubberneck

Ok, I sent back my first ricky stator 200w the day after I got it becuase of a high rpm miss. That was in october. I sent the first flywheel back because the lugs that the pick up coil fire off of were not 180 degrees apart on flywheel. The new units they sent seemed to work correctly, but when setting pick up coil gap, I noticed that it was not the same on the 2 lugs. Flywheel was out of round. Gave up on the flywheel, just ran the stator. Was running 2x 50 watt (total 100) lights and worked fine for 2 dune trips. Just got done wiring up my lights after rebuilding bike, and put in 2x 75 lights and the damn stator wont power them. With 1 light on, it is nice and bright, fire up the second, they look like candles. So i figure well hell, maybe 150 watts is too much, put in 1 75 watt light and 1 50 watt, same problem. Replaced the 50 with a 35. So now have total of 110 watts and same damn problem. Only have enough power to run 75watts worth of lights now. WTF. I could get that out of the stock stator. F'ing Ricky stator garbage. So anyway, rant done, Is there a good alternative to ricky stator? I had considered the electrex that Rockymountain sells, but i dont want to have to run 2 voltage regulators and another wire for the secondary lighting circuit they use. There has to be an answer. Anybody custom rewind the stockers???

STOCK! Dont know about high output though but stock is best as far as no high end miss crap!

STOCK! Dont know about high output though but stock is best as far as no high end miss crap!

Yeah, I hear ya jeff, I just want more lighting, and dont want to mount a battery/ convert to DC. Im about to say fuck it and just buy a trail tech helmet light and put the stock damn stator in. LOL

Yeah, I hear ya jeff, I just want more lighting, and dont want to mount a battery/ convert to DC. Im about to say fuck it and just buy a trail tech helmet light and put the stock damn stator in. LOL

I do dc conversions, and its really not all that hard. Hardest part for me is making a battery bracket.

I had considered the electrex that Rockymountain sells, but i dont want to have to run 2 voltage regulators and another wire for the secondary lighting circuit they use. There has to be an answer. Anybody custom rewind the stockers???

Couldnt you just take both yellow wires off of the stator and hook both of them up to the 1 yellow wire on the banshees wiring harness.

josh

I do dc conversions, and its really not all that hard. Hardest part for me is making a battery bracket.

I know, I know, the thing is i just rewired the bike, relocated all the electronics and regulator up under the front hood. I just really dont want to add a battery and remake my harness. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal i suppose. At this point i dont do a ton of night riding and based on how bright 1 of the trail tech 75 lights is i would be more than happy with 2 of them for what i plan on. i guess whats just got me pissed of is that if the damn thing would just work like it is supposed to i wouldnt have to change a damn thing. Plus if i do the DC conversion, then I will end up spending another 500+ for the HID lights and all that crap. i probably will end up doing it, im just pissed. :down::down: Ricky stator = shitty :confused:

We just sent back 2 stator and a flywheel . One was high output with a high end miss, the other was a new regular replacement with high end miss, and a new flywheel that would NOT stay put on the crank!!! Arrrrrgggh :down:

We just sent back 2 stator and a flywheel . One was high output with a high end miss, the other was a new regular replacement with high end miss, and a new flywheel that would NOT stay put on the crank!!! Arrrrrgggh :down:

Yep got me one of those nice RS flywheel paperweights sitting on my toolbox right now. No way in hell im putting it on my new cub. I am really thinking the SOB was out of balance based on the fact that it is out of round and probably caused my bearing failure in the old motor.

Oh yeah, and i dont even pull the bike out of the garage without throwing the stock stator in the truck just in case. I think i may send this 200watt back for warranty and then EBAY it when it comes back.

Have no fear fellas, my good friend Nick is the owner of Vision X offroad lighting. He jsut came out with the new xmitter line of Led offroad lights.

Go to the link and click on XIL-40:4

Vision X link

These are the lights I am going to run on my bike. If you want some, I can get them.

I've ran 4 or 5 RS in the past no probs. sucks to hear that they're having problems all of a sudden...

Trail Tech has some nice self contained HID lights.... dont' take a lot of wattage... i'll check out that Vision X stuff.