transmission oil

All the old timers are gonna tell you to search because it's been convered a gazillion fuking million times LOL.

A lot of guys on here use TYPE F ATF. (automatic trans fluid) Works good but may need to be changed more often that other stuff. No biggie though it's cheap.

A good synthetic 80-90ish wt gear oil will do just fine.

As will a 40wt motor oil (has close to the same relative viscosity of 90wt gear oil).

I run DELO 400 15-40wt oil in mine. Does great. Same stuff I use in my diesel truck, a lot of motorcycle guys use diesel engine oil and it produces very good UOA results, and is ideal for wet clutch applications because it doesn't contain friction modifiers like regular auto oils can.

Just use the search and poke around, you'll find lots of reading. If you want to go out and just buy some good oil that you know will work fine, get bel ray gear saver.

HTH

All the old timers are gonna tell you to search because it's been convered a gazillion fuking million times LOL.

A lot of guys on here use TYPE F ATF. (automatic trans fluid) Works good but may need to be changed more often that other stuff. No biggie though it's cheap.

A good synthetic 80-90ish wt gear oil will do just fine.

As will a 40wt motor oil (has close to the same relative viscosity of 90wt gear oil).

I run DELO 400 15-40wt oil in mine. Does great. Same stuff I use in my diesel truck, a lot of motorcycle guys use diesel engine oil and it produces very good UOA results, and is ideal for wet clutch applications because it doesn't contain friction modifiers like regular auto oils can.

Just use the search and poke around, you'll find lots of reading. If you want to go out and just buy some good oil that you know will work fine, get bel ray gear saver.

HTH

alright and do you know the capacity of fluid it will hold

Same stuff I use in my diesel truck, a lot of motorcycle guys use diesel engine oil and it produces very good UOA results, and is ideal for wet clutch applications because it doesn't contain friction modifiers like regular auto oils can.

I too am running 15W40 right now...might switch over to something else, but I dunno yet (mostly just for a change :blush: )

i use to use the shell rotella in in the 15w40 but i found that when could if i put it in first it would jump a little, so i switched to cheap type F and it slides into 1st better, i do know that it is somewhat a clutch adjustment problem but i am to lazy and not willing to spend 30 on ship+taxes on a new clutch cover gasket LOL