ported for 4mil

I just got done porting my stock cylinders for a 4mil. I have shearer inframes,35mil pwks,4mil stroke 5mil long rod. My exhaust is 27.5mm from deck, i lowered my intakes as much as possible,transfer top at44mm(stock),I lowered all transfers and exhaust to match piston BDC. Iwas wondering if an additional boost port would would bennifit me.IF one of the porting gurus could contact me.I was planning on boring my jugs tommorow if i feel better but wanted some insite before i did. im looking for a drag port so any adjustments can still be made. if you dont want to post up,PM me. THANKS My usual go to guy isnt open at 10:30 at night

Some of the big builders I have talked to and seen portwork done by don't use auxillary ports. I had cut them in my first set of cylinders and Lynn at LC Performance told me to fill them in because he has expirimented with them extensively and found that they slow you down. Rudy Kurtz (Port Magic) doesn't use them and I also don't think K&T uses them either. Also, you're running more exhaust duration than me along with about the same trans duration, I was told I should increase my transfer duration even more to work with my exhaust duration. Keep in mind my porting is a dune port for stock stroke and I am at 26.5mm (196 deg) on my exhaust and 42mm (125.5 deg) on my transfers.... I was told I would see more gain if I increased my trans duration into the high 120's or about 41.2mm from the deck. You may want to research your timing a little more before you go throwing it together.

when you say auxillery ports are you reffering to the small ports drilled at an angle at the bottom corners of the intake like in this pict?

btw thats a blaster motor so dont worry about it having them on top as well

Blasterport.jpg

Yes, those are the ports I was referring to, many people call them boost ports or boyesen ports or worm holes. As I understand the "boost port" or dust port as it is otherwise known is the one in the center above your intake windows. BTW, is that pic of the blaster cylinder one from Kevin's website??

when you say auxillery ports are you reffering to the small ports drilled at an angle at the bottom corners of the intake like in this pict?

btw thats a blaster motor so dont worry about it having them on top as well

Blasterport.jpg

to really get boost ports to work properly you need to weld the side of the cylinder and really open the passage in order to really get fuel/air mixture down faster. from what ive seen i dont think pmr or kt use boost ports. some people have had success some choose not to its all up to everyone own opinion

• 6 years later...

Everybody knocks Jim at passion, but he definitely could make a difference with them. He uses the extra ports in the liner like extra intake window. However a port the size he uses would definitely aid in transfer volume. His stock cyl 12 port once sorted out fucking moves. I did change a couple things, but right now it's nasty.

Cubs and his Passion X stuff, not so hot....