Procom cdi issues

nitrodave

I would say get rid of that piece of junk if you still have your stock CDI...they are garbage.

But yes...I'm sure they up the timing on it from the stock curve...I would put 1 or 2 degrees on the plate and see how the bike runs, listen to the motor...and check your plugs.

I would say get rid of that piece of junk if you still have your stock CDI...they are garbage.

But yes...I'm sure they up the timing on it from the stock curve...I would put 1 or 2 degrees on the plate and see how the bike runs, listen to the motor...and check your plugs.

so procom is junk or is stock junk???

Edited by nitrodave

ProCom is junk.

The only bolt on CDI worth anything is a Dyna...and that's only if you have a drag bike, the need for NOS, and the time/resources/money to tune one in via a dyno and using the software to program it to your needs.

Otherwise, use the stock CDI and advance the plate....

I wouldn't buy any CDI that advertises 1000 extra RPM...the CDI does not decide that on a two stroke.

Pipes, porting, intake, compression and timing all have to do with that...not the CDI box by itself.

ProCom is junk.

The only bolt on CDI worth anything is a Dyna...and that's only if you have a drag bike, the need for NOS, and the time/resources/money to tune one in via a dyno and using the software to program it to your needs.

Otherwise, use the stock CDI and advance the plate....

I wouldn't buy any CDI that advertises 1000 extra RPM...the CDI does not decide that on a two stroke.

Pipes, porting, intake, compression and timing all have to do with that...not the CDI box by itself.

Well, I kinda agree. I guess they could advertise 1k rpm rev limit increase but that might take too much paper. I agree that it matter nill that the cdi will "allow" more rpm for limiting if the motor falls off of power way before hand. I find this MUCH more useful in four pokes. Hondas were always too low to make power.

Brandon