tommey t3's

banshee 4 me

A guy was selling some here not to long ago probly like 2 weeks ago. I was going to buy them but they had a few dings in them and they had fmf silencers. Shit if I knew they were suppose to be badass I would of ditched these adjustible LRD's and jumped on the T3's :thumbsup:

Edited by 96_banshee_96

In stock form they have a very lazy bottom then they hit hard+pull very strong on top.If your on the pipe allot they are a great choice,but for anything technical they suck. They are very comparable to the t5's with less bottom.By removing material from the belly of the pipe it allows them to pull more rpm at the expense of becoming even more peaky. I have a complete set(not-cut) in good condition if interested make me an offer. They were designed to fit on the J-arm set ups+will not fit on A-arm frames. 100_0935.jpg

I had a set on an old Drag shee I had a few years back. The bike didnt run the best, so I cant give you an honest review of them. One thing however, mine would rub on the frame and rattle.... which was super annoying. I tried sticking rubber bumpers on the frame, but it was right at that first curve, and the hottest point of the pipe. Ill have to see if I can dig up old pics of the shee I had them on as well.

Edited by CHAINSAW

I had a set on an old Drag shee I had a few years back. The bike didnt run the best, so I cant give you an honest review of them. One thing however, mine would rub on the frame and rattle.... which was super annoying. I tried sticking rubber bumpers on the frame, but it was right at that first curve, and the hottest point of the pipe. Ill have to see if I can dig up old pics of the shee I had them on as well.

My bro runs T3's on his 89 shee, and they rock. He is ported with stock reeds and carbs. It pulls everywhere. If I had a j-arm shee i would all over a set. Toomey still sells the jet kit for the older pipes, and with the lid on it is spot on.

• 8 months later...

I just baught a set of T3s of ebay and the guy said he had them on a 94 I think. I got them but was unable to install them on my 03. Tried to email the guy but he didnt respond. I actually emailed Toomey and they said it should fit but something about removeing the a-arm bolt to get them on. Just wondered if anyone has installed them on an a-arm machine?

thanks

Matt

• 4 months later...

I bought the T3's from lil mikey and got them fitted to my a arm banshee. They beat the shit out of t5's. Now a disclaimer--that is going stock motors only pipes and only about a 1/4 mile. on the bottom the t5's easily have more grunt but with half bald tires all I have to do is keep er' pinned and I am loving the t3's. As I said earlier the cut t3's everyone talks about were the platform for the shearer pipe design. toomey quit making 3's whem the J went to an A frame.

I bought the T3's from lil mikey and got them fitted to my a arm banshee. They beat the shit out of t5's. Now a disclaimer--that is going stock motors only pipes and only about a 1/4 mile. on the bottom the t5's easily have more grunt but with half bald tires all I have to do is keep er' pinned and I am loving the t3's. As I said earlier the cut t3's everyone talks about were the platform for the shearer pipe design. toomey quit making 3's whem the J went to an A frame.

I like to hear good results, I told everyone who was interested in those t3s when I was selling them real cheap, not to pass up a good deal on a great set of pipes. Those t3s were the shit back in the day

I ran them on my 89 with just a milled head some reeds and no porting. I am really glad to hear someone is getting good use out of them. thanks again. MIke.