Oversized Gas Tanks

ClimbAnyHill

I'm trying to decide what would look & work good before ordering an oversized tank. How many gallons & in what color are you running? Obviously the bigger tank holds more but I don't like the look. Show me some pix. Here's what I've been looking at. Thanks.

4.0 Gal by IMS, they also have 5.6 Gal.

IMSTank.jpg

Just Gas Tanks 5.5 Gal.

JustTanks.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The yellow 5.6 style comes does come in black, also blue but they'll special order any color $194. I like how it comes with gas tank vents! Wish IMS had the vents or do they? Then again it prob take away from it's capacity. Don't like the idea about cuttin fenderst though but I need that for the long Glamis runs. Thanks LiftdT4R for the info on the bars.

• 2 weeks later...

The aluminum tank supposedly holds 6 gallons. I havent verified it, but it looks big enough to hold 6. The tank is a "lance schoonmaker" and is the same tank as Dean Sundahl ran (not literally Dean's tank :wink: ) on his Baja banshees.

Yeah....I have a 5.5 that I've been almost trying to give away...(read, almost...no, it's not free).

I had it sold to a guy in Canada...but, refunded his money when I found out all the hoops I had to jump through to get it there...just wasn't worth it in the end....

It's been painted, and looks to be the same design as Bill's...

Yeah, it's an oil tanker alright.....

I'm trying to decide what would look & work good before ordering an oversized tank. How many gallons & in what color are you running? Obviously the bigger tank holds more but I don't like the look. Show me some pix. Here's what I've been looking at. Thanks.

4.0 Gal by IMS, they also have 5.6 Gal.

IMSTank.jpg

Just Gas Tanks 5.5 Gal.

JustTanks.jpg

Post more pics!!! I need a larger tank also. First trail ride, I ran out of gas after only about 35 or 40 miles. Next Arkansas trip will be in spring. We ride 80 miles or more sometimes, before making it back by camp for fuel. I will have to have a bigger tank and/or carry a gas can!! Want something that looks (and fits) right though.

I will post you a pic of mine....You would want to strip the paint and/or repaint it.

I'm simply not going through the hassel.

But...I'll give you a killer deal on it, though....

PM me if you're ineterested....it's boxed and ready to go, and I can ship out today.