Foot Peg Question

I think you all talked about this before but didn't find what I was looking for in a search. I was over locogatos house a couple of weekends ago and rode his YFZ and I notices that the foot pegs were far back. Then I got on my banshee and realized that they were to far forward. Is there a mod to move them back because when I stand up and ride I feel like I need to move back. Does anyone elce have that feeling?? If I remember right someone in the past said something about blaster foot pegs but I am not sure why. Do they move them back? Thanks fellas

I moved my pegs back over the winter myself. Have only ridin it a few times in the back yard so far. First thing I noticed was a better riding position and WAY F#@KING MORE traction. Almost looped it in front my 10 year old son, goosed it and it stood straight up.......LOL He ribbed me for quite a while about that. Felt like a different bike......seriously.

I went -2-2 on the footpegs, -3 on the shifter and brake pedal. Tucked in the brake pedal also so now i dont hit the brake evertime I move my feet around. Stuck out way to much before now its more like riding a dirt bike where you catch the pedal with the inside of your boot as opposed to the front tip of your foot.

check

I had a set of blaster pegs but ditched the idea when i noticed the long spacer they needed on the right side peg. Im heavy and I thought it would be to much leverage on the pegs. Dont feel like bending the bolts everytime I go riding. The rewelded stock pegs fit and finished alot nicer.

check

rick, if you decide to move them back let me know and ill cut and reweld your shifter and brake lever for you if you dont have access to a welder. keep in mind that if you do this nerf bars prolly arent gonna bolt up very well. on my banshees, i always get a 2nd set of footpegs and cut them then reweld the step surface to the back of my existing ones. it makes the footpeg quite a bit wider and it feels a lot better to stand on. let me know what you end up doing. hey by the way, you need to come pick up that fuckin swingarm, its taken up space in my shop. jk. :lol::jesterlaugh:

I put blaster pegs on my shee and it did move it back a couple inches but I really didnt notice much in a change in comfort. I am 6ft5 250lbs and I didnt have any bent bolts and my dg alloy nerf bars bolted right on. and you can get blaster pegs offf ebay for like $15 you still have to shorten your shifter and brake peddle but that will be the case with any peg mod like that.

hope this helps

if i remember right you have DG nerfs on your bike.  they are the only nerfs that work with blaster pegs so you are all set

you are right on me having DG bars and thanks for the tip. I was looking at them today and they look to be plenty of room between the DGs and the pegs

Putting blaster pegs on the Banshee is a great mod if you can't afford to go with Roll's or something along those lines. I have had mine done for about a year and have had no problems. I actually left my shifter and brake pedals alone to leave room for my boots. The blaster pegs will work with the DG nerfs but take a little bit of grinding. Mine hit the top bolt on the nerfs where the steel insert bolts up to it. As far as the spacer goes, I think it's kind of a shitty set up, but check out the link below for the best way to do it. Good luck

http://www.roostfest.com/blasterpegs.htm

broke