Turbocharged and fuel injected banshee........

So I have just about finished my turbo efi banshee motor, but it is in a motorcyle chassis.  she is pretty much done, runs great but still needs a bit of tuning.   I used the microsquirt system which worked great (using as fuel only and tapping the stock vr pick up).  this thing pulls like a frieght train when on boost (currently running about 12psi on pump gas). It has been difficult to find any info on guys doing this stuff so I will post up the tune when its 100%!!!

current specs and pics.

stock bore/stroke 350

welded crank

wossner pistons

vf4 reeds

mild porting

custom expansion chambers

21cc domes, cool head

rbh32 turbocharger

38mm throttle bodies 320cc injectors

microsquirt efi controller

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

video of the first ride on efi (pipe blows off the head at the end 12psi boost)

th_2011-04-05222842.jpg

I have a build thread on Chop cult if anyone wants to see the start to finish!, http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34942

• Like 2

Well done man!!! I read your entire build thread on the other site and you have really built this thing right!

Thanks guys, it is definatly an interesting bike to ride haha.  One of my reasons for posting here is that I couldnt find much info out there on succsesful efi or turbo conversions.  the EFI set-up was cheaper that you would think, really so was the turbo......everything was used parts with the exception of the micro squirt.

The stock VR pickup on the banshee works great with the microsquirt (although if you wwire the leads backwards the signal breaks up under load, dont ask haha).  keep in mind I am running fuel only.  It should work for ignition too but you may need a higher resolution sensor / trigger wheel.

The throttle bodies came from a 04 gsxr 600, they work great in the bike but for a quad I would get the newer style gsxr 750 or r6 throttle bodies. with the differance being the bodies i used are not independant so i had to make a little curved adapter from the reeds, the late throttle bodies split in 4.

IAT, MAP, and coolant temp sensor are just gm parts

the turbo is from a chevy sprint with a tiny greylor oil pump that pulls oil from the drain plug and dumps back in the oil fill!

obviously there is a bit of fab work to make it all work but it should be alot easier to package in a quad!