Mocking my own Banshee OOF pipes

I was thinking about this yesterday what are the pros and cons of brazing vs tig on a exhaust pipe. sure would be cheaper initial investment wise. also did you make or buy the exh flange. bought some dm pipes and need to change them. looking for some 1.9 flanges.

I bought the flanges. I don't have ability to machine any. Cpi sells them. Thanks to all who stopped in to check these out. I will be welding and fitting them up tomorrow I hope lol. All goes well it won't be an issue. I am going to have to hack off stock pipe flanges to do it tho. They sent me 2 different sized flanges and I'm not patient lol

I will say that brazing vs tig, brazing heats the cone much more over a larger area and warping will become an issue. A tig weld lays on very smooth and the heat doesn't transfer over such a large area like what a torch puts out. If controlled well enough I would imagine brazing would be a nice clean look. My prefference - I'll stick with a tig

Mig went on really smooth for me and its a good thing too because I ended up having to use it instead. My buddys tig is a cheapo model and doesn't even hardly work. Took me FOREVER to do it but slow and steady was successful! No holes blown through anywhere. Anyhow that's besides the point - I got em done and got em on today. They sound mean, powerband comes in about 650rpms higher than my sbsf in frame shearers. I didnt get to run them much today as it is raining and when I took it out for one test run they pulled extremely hard until I slammed a huge water puddle lol no good. They were a tight fit so next set will need to have the header pipe tweaked just a bit for fitment issue. Nonetheless for a first set I am very pleased with the result for a first attempt. Here are some pics

20131221_135829.jpg

20131222_163205.jpg

20131222_163214.jpg

:whoa: lol those are sick looking pipes johnny, you gonna give those a run on the dyno to see where your at compared to your shearers?

Of course. If they are even remotely close I will be thrilled. I know I keep sayin it but I've wanted to do this for a LONG time and to see it all come together is awesome