pictures of cleaned up frames

RagunCajun

I have a spare frame and would like to clean any unused brackets off. The build will keep in frame pipes, head lights, relocated cdi(behind radiator), and front brakes. Nothing will be deleted. I will buy race cut stock front fenders and keep stock style back fenders. Back fenders will most likely be uncut. I need to go back into my old banshee pictures to see how it all looked before i hacked fenders away.

All i know off hand is the stock mounts for the stock pipes. All i have is the frame. I should of figured out what needed to be done before tearing down the bike.

If anyone has some pics of things that can be taken off, please post it up. Id like to start cleaning the frame next weekend before it goes to the powder coater.

Here's a basic list of what to cut.

If you're going to run pods, cut the airbox mounts off(front and rear ones)

If you're not going to run factory foot baskets, cut those mounts off

If you're going to run cut front fenders, cut the tabs for the support braces(below the front motor mounts)

If you're moving the CDI and regulator, cut those tabs off

If you're going to run uncut rears, KEEP the mounts that go out the sides for the rear fenders

Cut the tabs for the rubber bumpers for the stock pipes off. It looks real dumb with those tabs and a nice powder coated frame

Cut the TORS box tab off

You can cut the molded, curved stinger mount off that's in front of the silencers, if your stingers don't have a mount there

Edited by Starwriter
  • Like 3

A few other things to check.

Check the triangle shaped steering stem hoop gussets. The upper welds are famous for cracking

Check the steering stem stop near the lower bearing. It is common for it to be bent forward and the edges smooshed. A gusset welded in here is nice.

Make sure the rear subframe is not bent. The rear foot or so should be perfectly straight. I have seen so many freshly powdercoated frames that have 1 side of the subframe bent upward.

• Like 1

check my "wifes build " thread.  thats a nice cleaned up all stocker frame in my opinion..

also  if you want  check out cascade's webbsite  they have an indepth "frame mod" section full of nice pictures.  very clean if you do it right.   and yea  the super nice powdercoated frames with all tabs on look rushed to me..  but i personally llike custom work so..   finch's looks nice...   should handle a lot of stress too.  that upper shock mount would really stiffen it up