21 replies to this topic

#1 The-Association

The-Association

HQ Soldier

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Ok so this is were im at.. Cleaned carbs.. Checked reeds, compression, coil, newer stator and pickup , good gap all around.. Bike fires up and run ok at idel..but if you give it gas it Boggs. Now I took off flywheel and noticed it has the sound of sand/bbs rattling in it..so my thoughts it's a bad flywheel.. Question is this symptoms of a bass flywheel?

#2 BigCTD

BigCTD

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Yes!!!! I just went through this a few weeks ago it is your flywheel

#3 The-Association

The-Association

HQ Soldier

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Where you get your flywheel

#4 rg97

rg97

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:ATC's, Banshees, Nitro RC, Anything computer related (coding, programming, building)

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Probably best with eBay. a new one from your local shop is over $400

#5 rg97

rg97

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:ATC's, Banshees, Nitro RC, Anything computer related (coding, programming, building)

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...b3c10a7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/...cfb83aa&vxp=mtr

These are your best bet probably. still hurts the wallet, but better than a new one. not sure about the second link's flywheel, its not OEM, but the first one is.

• Sheeba711 likes this

#6 toytech

toytech

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Interests:riding atvs scuba diving rc cars

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...b3c10a7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/...cfb83aa&vxp=mtr

These are your best bet probably. still hurts the wallet, but better than a new one. not sure about the second link's flywheel, its not OEM, but the first one is.

looks like some one tried to pull the first one off with a jaw puller it's all bent around the edge

#7 The-Association

The-Association

HQ Soldier

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well I've always used a flywheel puller and had no troubles.. Then my bike started to stumble sometimes rite b4 it got up to normal temp. All I had to do was hit kill switch and kick it over and it was fine, weird rite? That happened for about 2 months of hard riding.. So recently it intermittently miss fired on one side,, put a new plug in and cleared up, rode 3 times and acted up again.. ( since I did my top end maybe more than 60 hours ago I NEVER fauled a plug.) So figured top end needed refreshed. Nope. Good compression so after 9 hours today of trying to clean and check every connection I can clearly point my finger at that damn flywheel... Sry for the story but there's really no " symptoms " of how a flywheel will slowly take a shit! ;)
  • Sheeba711 likes this

#8 toytech

toytech

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Well I've always used a flywheel puller and had no troubles.. Then my bike started to stumble sometimes rite b4 it got up to normal temp. All I had to do was hit kill switch and kick it over and it was fine, weird rite? That happened for about 2 months of hard riding.. So recently it intermittently miss fired on one side,, put a new plug in and cleared up, rode 3 times and acted up again.. ( since I did my top end maybe more than 60 hours ago I NEVER fauled a plug.) So figured top end needed refreshed. Nope. Good compression so after 9 hours today of trying to clean and check every connection I can clearly point my finger at that damn flywheel... Sry for the story but there's really no " symptoms " of how a flywheel will slowly take a shit! ;)

well if it rattles then you need a new one. buy the correct puller they are only $15

#9 The-Association

The-Association

HQ Soldier

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well not the flywheel! I been trying everything.. Still won't rev.. Only this.g I could think is the stator.. Witch is a new one from Ebay..ran good for awhile.. Don't know if it's junk

#10 The-Association

The-Association

HQ Soldier

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Any help on how to test. Thing things just really ticking me off atm

#11 toytech

toytech

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

have you checked the plug wires and caps?  did you change anthing when this started to happen?  carbs synced?  float bowls on correct carbs? choke tube installed? slides in correctly?  what does the spark look like when kicking over?

#12 The-Association

The-Association

HQ Soldier

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ya sadly been threw that all guess im going to do a test on stator/pick up..

#13 Deadbeat

Deadbeat

HQ General

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:things n stuff

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

never seen anyone mention those RMSTATOR units before only OEM, is there anything wrong with them?

#14 WINDYCITYJOHN400

WINDYCITYJOHN400

HQ Commander In Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts
  • Interests:Dunes,Drags, NHRA, NASCAR, NRA, Out running my friends even after they keep dropping coin to buy a win. LOL.
    Can't say enough about "ILLINOIS POWERSPORTS" - "REDLINE RACING" - "STELLAR MACHINE AND PERFORMANCE" - "SHEARER PIPES" and "THE SILVER LAKE RESORT AND CAMPGROUND"

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Race Tech Electric stators FTW!
Site sponsor and proven quality.

#15 The-Association

The-Association

HQ Soldier

• HQ Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Heard en as bad as rs